Sunday, May 3, 2020

An Abundant Life - The Place To Be

The first time I walked by the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City I wanted to go in and see if there was a restaurant where I could sit and view the water. I remember thinking very clearly that there must be one that had gorgeous views, and I also know the quality of the Hyatt brand because of my traveling in different places over the years, and it's been my experience that any time a Hyatt has a restaurant, not only is the food excellent but the experience is a lovely one. And so I made a note that one day I'd go back to see what I could find out, and then I met the Mixologist Stephanie O'Neill whose cocktails are as beautiful and accomplished as she is, and when I began to write a blog about her I found out that she worked at that Hyatt.

The Hyatt Regency Jersey City is in Exchange Place, in one of the most beautiful spots imaginable, and it's also very conveniently located not only to the rest of that waterfront area but also to downtown Jersey City and all the local transportation hubs leading to other areas including Manhattan. It's a hop, skip and a jump for someone like me who likes to walk by the water, and when I went to visit Stephanie O'Neill and first saw Vu I had to take photographs because the view is stunning. The cocktails she is creating are of course phenomenal, and the other bartenders who work there are making excellently delicious drinks of all kinds as well. And if you're interested in having a snack at the bar, there is an excellent menu too. The lounge and restaurant menus originate from the kitchen of imaginative and talented Chefs, and the restaurant is truly opulent in that wonderfully comfortable way that feels like a place where you'd want to go not just for special occasions, but any time you want to take some time to enjoy some time with business colleagues, friends or family.

And of course there's the view which brings something special to every moment. Throughout the day it is lovely, with the sunlight on the water changing into sunsets, nightlights shining from both sides of the Hudson River, and views of all of the major attractions on the east and west sides of the waterfront stretching down past the Statue of Liberty all the way to the Verrazano Bridge, and a front seat to admire the majesty of One World Trade Center. Even on cloudy days it's a lovely vista, with the water taking on a steely depth of color and refracting light. And to be able to sit there and enjoy the delicious creations of the Chefs and Mixologists, surrounded by this kind of beauty within the comfort of a beautifully designed room, is the utmost in luxury. A visit to Vu is one that is worth taking often, to take in the sights and the tastes and to just be.



Vu
At The Hyatt Regency Jersey City
https://www.hyatt.com/jersey-city-on-the-hudson/dining


Lovely Refreshing Cocktails


A Delightful Menu



Views For Days



Marvelous Mixology

With Every Detail In Place


Changing Light


Lovely Touches


A Special Place For Christmas Eve










Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment