Sunday, October 24, 2021

An Abundant Life - A Beautiful Adventure

A few weeks ago when a friend was in town, she wanted to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. It's something we'd done once together before and I've done a few times since, but it had been many years since then and though I'd been going over to DUMBO recently again, I'd been taking the subway and not walking over the Bridge. There was a time when I was going to DUMBO regularly, when I was working with an Animator who had a studio there, but that was right after I was born again, and it was such a crazy time in my life when I had just gone through a time of losing everything and so I hadn't been able to really enjoy going out anywhere or doing anything except to go to work in the loft studio office of the Animator and wander sometimes on my way to the subway that would take me home again. Then over this past summer, an Artist I know started having events at 55 Water Street at the Time Out Marketplace on the top floor, and it was such a fun place to go and the events were so enjoyable, and the views were truly outstanding. So when my friend wanted to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, I told her we could go to Time Out Marketplace to look at the view, and though they have a really nice selection of food, I didn't want to have dinner with her there because we wanted to do something a little bit more special. So I looked up restaurants in the area and found one that was in the same building on the ground floor that looked like it had a waterfront view, and so I made a reservation for outdoor seating.

Cecconi's is one of those places that I was so happy to have found. We had one of the nicest evenings I've had anywhere. Our waiter was wonderful, the food was excellent and our view was completely and utterly gorgeous. Our seats were so comfortable I felt like I was sitting on my own private patio at a vacation home. The night we were there it started to rain just a little bit, it was not much, and we were so cozy and completely protected that it was beautiful to be there. I would be happy to go to this lovely restaurant any time, and I'd recommend it to anyone for special occasions or for just a special evening enjoying the special moments we've all come to treasure after having been kept out of life as we know it for so long.

We shared a truffle pizza and then had some excellent main courses, and for dessert I chose the vegan chocolate copa with coconut ice cream. I asked our wonderful waiter if he could ask the bar to suggest an amaro to try with the copa because I saw it on the menu and when I asked my friend if she'd like to have some, I discovered she'd never tried it. They have a wide selection and the bar selected one for each of us based on things they described that they thought we would like. With the view and the copa and the comfortable chairs, we could have stayed there all night. 

The next time you're looking for an adventure, try a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and head to Cecconi's. It's lovely inside too, but when the weather is fine, that outside seat with a view is where you'll find me.

Cecconi's
55 Water Street
Brooklyn, New York












Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment