Sunday, June 26, 2022

An Abundant Life - Treasured Collections

 When I was in Stamford in April, one of the places that I stopped by to visit was Avery & Dash. As I wrote in these pages before, when I was planning my trip to Half Full at Third Place for an Artist talk that was one of the events hosted by the Stamford Literature, Arts and Culture Salon which is known as SLACS with the marvelous Chef Paul Gerard in conversation with the marvelous Mark Gottlieb, I decided  to make a day of it and explore some of the antique and arts centers nearby. One of the places I found with walking distance was Avery & Dash, and from the moment I walked in I knew I'd found a very special place.

Everything at Avery & Dash is beautiful, and so carefully curated that it is easy to walk from one area to the next and enjoy discovering new ideas and old favorites, and the staff are all so friendly and helpful that everyone feels welcomed. The President, Nick Savard, was busy with a new shipment that day, but he still took time to speak with me and show me some of his favorite pieces. He is so knowledgable that I could have spoken with him for hours, and I learned so much from him that afternoon about specific Designers and periods and designs and decorative history.

Places like Avery & Dash are treasures in their own way because they full of beautiful items and the curation and placement of them is inspiring. Add to that the knowledge of someone like Nick Savard, and it is like visiting a living historical museum where the items on display can not only be learned about but acquired and used in every day life. Having beautiful things around us brings a sense of peace and wellbeing, and visiting Avery & Dash is an adventure to a place where each piece is is a treasure that is treasured and is carefully arranged and cared for with the knowledge of a connoisseur and the eye of an artist and designer. It is a walk into a world where beauty and history and knowledge of art and design meet to create an environment where treasured collections can be enjoyed and discovered and those who treasure them can experience their favorite things and explore something new.


Avery & Dash
101 Jefferson Street
Stamford, Connecticut



















Blessings,

Jannie Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment