Sunday, November 26, 2023

An Abundant Life - Gratefulness

A few weeks ago a lovely woman named Caren Lissner stopped by YES Gallery one afternoon and asked me if she could take photographs. I invited her in and as we spoke she told me that she is a staff writer for New Jersey Patch, and that she wanted to write about the gallery. Experiences like this, when people just happen to walk by and feel welcomed and are interested in the art and environment in the space are so encouraging to me. It's a place that is not like any other and to hear that people enjoy seeing it and being there is such a wonderful confirmation that what has been created in this place is inviting, beautiful and inspiring.

When I began planning the event for the Hoboken Artists' Studio Tour, I sent information to Caren, and she responded that she had been busy with other local news during the election season, but that she would have more time again after that. The Studio Tour was a little over a week after Election Day, and when I sent out the invitations the the event at YES Gallery, I sent one to Caren and heard back that she was just then in the process of writing about the Studio Tour.

With everything that was happening around that event and that day as well as some other projects that have been keeping me very busy I didn't have a chance to follow up about the article. Caren was kind enough to take the time to attend the evening event at the gallery, but it was such a busy day and a full evening and I didn't ask her about the article that night. There's a part of me that doesn't ever want to bother anyone, especially when they're doing something kind for me, and so I felt it better to wait until we both had more time to talk. She posts beautiful photographs and fun posts on her own Instagram page, and I had been enjoying seeing them and commenting, and then one evening I thought to just look up the article to see if I could find it and I did immediately. It had been posted on November 9, and it was so beautifully written and photographed that I was filled with gratitude for this wonderful writer and photographer who had taken the time to write about YES Gallery and me when her time and schedule were so busy.

Over Thanksgiving I was finding that a practice of Gratitude that I'd begun around 18 years ago was coming into my mind again as a way of reflecting during the holiday. There is so much to be grateful for, and the beautiful people who walk in the door to YES Gallery and share their time and inspiration and encouragement is a joyful experience. When someone takes the time to write about the gallery, it's truly a gift. I know from my own experience over the years that writing takes time and effort and to have that time and effort taken for YES Gallery is a very special gift. With so much gratitude I share the article Caren Lissner wrote, and I give thanks for the beautiful gift she shared with me.


A Beautiful Article
About The Hoboken Artists' Studio Tour
Written By Karen Lissner
In New Jersey Patch
Including Photographs And Information
From Her Visit To YES Gallery






Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment