Sunday, March 25, 2018

An Abundant Life - The Perfect Crunch

I first tasted Biggie's Crack Toffee at an event at Entrepreneur Space, the Food Entrepreneur Incubator and Kitchen space in Queens that I've written about in these pages before. Toffee is one of my favorite things and has been since my father used to keep a package of Heath Bars on board his Lighting Sailboat in Rhode Island. It's one of those treats that keeps its crunch in any weather, and it was a hidden delight that would make its appearance on lazy sailing days when the wind was calm and we'd float along in the Sakonnet River. I've actually tried to make it before because it's part of a number of other recipes for crushing and adding to cakes and cookies and toppings and icings, but it takes more patience than I have because the timing and ingredients have to be perfect or it won't have the right consistency.

Stephanie Golden, the CEO of Biggie's Crack Toffee, started making toffee for delicious fun for herself and her friends. Playing around with the recipe and different toppings and discovering that the crunchiest and thinnest pieces closest to the edge of the pan were her favorites, she began making all of the toffee that edge-of-the-pan thinness that creates the perfectly delectable crackly and buttery crunchy goodness of Biggie's. After trying her toffee at the Entrepreneur Space event, I was amazed at how perfect each piece and each flavor was. The taste is divine and the crunch so perfect that anyone from old to young and every age in between can enjoy it. The day that I met her she gave me several types to try, and I have to say that although I am usually a chocolate lover first and foremost, every flavor is so delicious that I couldn't pick a favorite. The ingredients she uses are only the finest, and the combinations of rich goodness in each bite bring joy to each taste. With Biggie's Crack Toffee you simply can't go wrong. My father's Lightning was sold long ago, but it's probably a good thing we didn't have Biggie's on board - with high wind or no, we'd never get any sailing done because we'd be too busy raiding the pantry.



Stephanie Golden, CEO
And Jan Leslie Harding, Vice President
Of Biggie's Crack Toffee
In The Kitchen At Entrepreneur Space



Only The Finest Premium Chocolate



The Finest Pecans Freshly Roasted

Or If You Prefer
Slivered Almonds 


Ground Espresso Beans

Sea Salt

Or Corn Flakes












Spread To The Perfect Consistency
For The Perfect Crackly Crunch










Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment