Sunday, June 20, 2021

An Abundant Life - Paris In New York

A few weeks ago a friend took me out to dinner for a birthday celebration long after my actual birthday. She had tried to take me out closer to my birthday, but a Chef friend at the restaurant where we were had beat her to it and when we finished dinner, one of the staff told us the meal was taken care of. I had been going into the City for the first time in ages for an actual Art opening, and my friend met me there, sending me a text on the way to ask if I was hungry. My response was that I could be, because I know that she always knows wonderful places, and when she arrived she said she wanted to take me out for my birthday and asked if I had any place I'd like to go. I couldn't think of anything and said she could choose, and her choice was Benoit which was just around the corner a few blocks away from where we were.

That night was such a magical one, and it wasn't just because I hadn't been out to dinner in Manhattan in so long. Benoit is a treasure box full of fine jewels, with everything from the moment you walk in the door feeling like you are being taken care of in the best way possible. The New York version of the original in Paris, Benoit was started by Chef Alain Ducasse and it was awareded a Michelin Star that is well deserved. We had so many delicious things that night, and when I ordered dessert, not only did they bring us the whole tart tatin and let me bring the rest home, but the chocolate souffle came with the words Happy Birthday written in chocolate along with a brightly lit candle. I exclaimed over the evening so much that when another friend was coming in town for a visit we decided to go there, and our night that evening was just as lovely. Restaurants like this are what make New York City so special, these gems of places where not only is the food superb, but every touch makes you feel the comfortable elegance of visiting with a good friend with the very best of taste and charm.

Benoit is a place to visit often, whenever you want to enjoy a lovely afternoon or evening. It's a taste of Paris and a slice of life in a City that only has wonderful memories to add to our future bliss.

Benoit
60 West 55th Street
New York City
































Blessings,

Jannie Susan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment