Sunday, August 20, 2023

An Abundant Life - Lovely Recipes

I've written about Chef Seadon Shouse in these pages before, and also about Halifax, the restaurant in Hoboken where I met him where he in the Executive Chef. As I've written in the past, every experience at  Halifax is a beautiful one, and the design of the restaurant itself which is a creation of Chef Shouse is part of what makes it so enjoyable. The food that I've had there at events and dinners and lunches and brunches has always been as lovely to look at as it is wonderful to taste, with even the scents of it adding to the over all experience of freshness, goodness, light and life. The times that I have been blessed to be at Halifax are some of the most happy and holistically enjoyable and fulfilling, and it's always a place where I am happy to be.

A few weeks ago I saw a post on Chef Shouse's Instagram page about a cookbook and memoir he had just published. When I saw that it was available at Halifax among other places, I sent him a message that I'd be in as soon as possible and that if he was available and had the time I'd love to have a signed copy. We arranged an afternoon, and I was able to pick up my book and see him for a few moments. He's always so busy with the many projects he's working on that it was an added blessing to have some time to say hello and speak with him.

The book itself is a work of art, with wonderful people who were part of putting it together. From the photographs to the layout to the color of it and even the title, it's something that is a treasure to have. There are recipes in it that are some of the things that I love to have at Halifax, including his Lobster Pasta that I always tell people I almost always order every time I am there.

Although I love to cook, most likely I will continue to go to Halifax to enjoy the creations that he makes and the special experience of being there, but having this lovely book give a lovely insight into the Chef and his vision and the way he thinks about food. I've put the copy of the book in YES Gallery with a note that it is part of the gallery collection and is not for sale but that it is available at Halifax. It seems so right that this work of art by a Chef who is always creating beautiful works of art and design in his restaurants and in the food he creates would be a part of YES Gallery. If it's not there when you stop by, it's because I have it at home, being inspired by his stories and his recipes and the beautiful way he sees the culinary world around us.


"From The Hill By The Sea"
By Chef Seadon Shouse
Available at Halifax Hoboken






Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment