Sunday, April 18, 2021

An Abundant Life - Art Collections

I met Katie Duffy McGeehan a few years ago when I was giving a talk at the Hoboken Collaborative Art  Gallery HoBart on social media marketing and using social media for business in the Art world. We kept in touch and then a little while later I ran into her in Hoboken at an opening that Ricardo Roig had in his gallery on 1st Street. He had some of her sculptures in the windows and when he and I were talking and I stopped by I recognized them immediately because of the very specific feeling and vision she has that created these small masterpieces. I have a feeling whenever I see Artists' work, whether or not it is unique to them or something that they are trying to emulate or copy another Artist. Not that it's a bad thing to admire and emulate, but I always enjoy most of all the artwork that I see that is a unique and very personal expression. I loved these small sculptural pieces of Katie's and I loved seeing them in Ricardo's window, and then a little while later I saw that she had some paintings in a vintage shop a few doors away and I went to her opening there.

Katie is such a lovely person that it's fun just to be around her. When you add her artwork into the mix it becomes a very special kind of party. After seeing some of her smaller watercolor pieces at the vintage shop Vintage on First, I stopped by a street fair on First Street one day and saw a larger one on an easel outside. I feel in love with it immediately and it was such a very special piece that I carried it home that day to add to my own personal collection. I work with so many Artists and I love so much work that I see, but this piece was one of those rare ones that I knew I had to have. Since that time I've seen several that she had created in this same series, but this one spoke to me so clearly that day and continues to delight me every day after.

It's so exciting to watch the work of an Artist over time, and seeing the work of Kate Duffy McGeehan since I first met her until now has been a wonderful adventure. I look forward to seeing what she will create next and am inspired by the changing vision that she shares.


Kate Duffy McGeehan
On First Street






Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment