Sunday, April 25, 2021

An Abundant Life - Daily Specials

When I was in Niantic with some friends a few weeks ago, one of the many nice surprises to find there was a restaurant that had a menu that was so full of special selections every day that it made every day feel special. When I first sat down to have a meal at the Black Sheep at the recommendation of the Inn where I was staying, I was impressed by the sound of things I was reading and became a fan as soon as the first flavors started arriving at the table. The cocktails were inventive and lovely and delicious, the variety of foods well thought out, creative and blended perfectly with each other. The first night I was there, after having a martini, I decided to have a Guinness because I saw one arriving at another table and though it has been a favorite for many years I hadn't had one in a while. When I returned on another night I looked over the beer selection and saw that they had some impressive choices, and I went on an adventure of tasting some of the most flavorful and freshest brews from their carefully curated list.

Great clam chowder is one of the things I always use to decide on whether I would recommend or return to a restaurant and this one makes a fine one. The Bacon Lobster Avocado and Tomato sandwich was a deliciously welcome surprise and the Lobster Truffle Mac and Cheese was something so enjoyable that my friends and I ordered both time we were there. With large chunks of lobster and a very flavorful mac and cheese it was comfort food and an epicurean delight. Our first night we sat indoors because it was later in the evening when we arrived and the nights were still chilly, and on the second night we arrived earlier and sat outdoors. Both times we felt well taken care of and so comfortable, that I really felt like I could make this a regular place if I lived closer by. It was such a great find and a place I'll definitely want to return to whenever I'm passing by that way again.  


The Black Sheep
247 Main Street
Niantic, Connecticut











Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment