Sunday, January 8, 2023

An Abundant Life - Opening Up The Doors

Just after the New Year there was a record temperature day in the 60's and when I was at YES Gallery I opened the door and put on "The Beach Boys Greatest Hits" volumes one and two. I have both that belonged to my older brother, and when I put them on all I could remember was being a little girl and hearing them singing and singing along as I danced around the house. I used to beg my brother to put the albums on and sometimes he'd sing to me when he did. He gave me nicknames from their songs, little get around, little surfer girl, and he'd ask me if I was like the girl in the song who took her father's keys and said she was going to the library but drove all over town having fun. I wanted to be that girl, and the little surfer girl of the song, and listening to those records all those memories came back of how much my brother loved me and liked to tease me and how fun it was to be young and have dreams of growing up to be one of those people having all kinds of adventures in sunny weather days with so much love and excitement in their lives and no worries or cares in the world.

As we get older and we start to learn sometimes that life is not a day at the beach, those beach days become even more important. The days when everything is beautiful can become crowded out by days when things seem far from it, and being able to create an environment of positive optimism becomes a gift that sometimes is difficult to hold onto. But there's something about YES Gallery and everything that happens in its walls that keeps giving hope every day and every way, sometimes surprising me by the power of that space to reach out of the door and windows to other people walking by. 

On that beautiful day when I had the door open and The Beach Boys on the vintage stereo system, a man stopped by the door and said, "This is such a beautiful gallery!" He thanked me and said he had lived in the area for a long time and always walked by because this was the most beautiful gallery he'd ever seen. I was so moved by his words because I could tell that just being able to walk by and look at some place full of beautiful things and positive energy was important to him, and once more I was reminded that it's not me who can bring energy like that into the world. I said yes to moving ahead with opening the gallery, and there's a much more powerful source of love that helps make it possible. With so much gratitude I say thank you once again to all of the beautiful Artists and beautiful people who help make this beautiful place possible by sharing their beautiful blessings and inspiration, and to the source of all love who makes doors open to possibilities and a life beyond our imagining.


YES Gallery
On A Warm January Day
Listening To
The Beach Boys
'Surfin' Safari"





Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment