Sunday, January 29, 2023

An Abundant Life - Another Opening, Another Show

On Friday night the new show at YES Gallery, "You Arrive In A Whisper, A Wild Hope", had the opening celebration, and as I was hanging the show with the wonderful Artist Stephen Cimini who is always so much help to me in so many ways, including in preparing the space for each new opening, we both looked around the room as we were finishing up and thought that once again the current show is even better than the last one. As Artists this is always what we always want, to have everything we do be better than the last thing we did, and at YES Gallery that seems to be what happens naturally. The first show was so beautiful I couldn't have imagined anything being better, but the second show was even more gorgeous, and now that we are onto the third show the space is so lovely that I'm excited just to open the door to people who visit.

Last week as I was finishing setting up and adding the final details, visitors who came by kept admiring everything and looking at specific pieces, asking about the Artists and the gallery and saying all the things that I could hope for and more. One young visitor, when her father asked her what was her favorite, began pointing to one piece and then another and another and then finally said that she loved everything. Hearing that made me so happy and I told her that her words were what I wanted people to feel when they were in the gallery.

I'll be writing more about the individual Artists and their work soon, but for now I made another video of the space, this time with the beginning of my older brother's old Moody Blues album "A Question Of Balance" and the song "The Story In Your Eyes" in the background. I'll share it here and there will be more photographs and videos and stories soon as the show continues on and more events and visitors add their words and share their stories and make their own photographic and videographic records of their visits.


YES Gallery
"You Arrive In A Whisper, A Wild Hope"
408 6th Street
Hoboken, New Jersey






Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment