Sunday, April 9, 2023

An Abundant Life - Flowering Springtime

Easter Sunday is such a special day and always has such beautiful memories for me. I think of visiting my Nana, sitting with her in church when I was a very small child and looking up into her face as the glowing springtime sunshine lit up the windows and filled the space with light, and later as a young adult, visiting with her in her home in East Hampton and bringing a gardenia that she knew immediately how to take care of and find the perfect place in the window where it would scent the whole room, gardener that she always was.

At YES Gallery there are so many memories that have been brought together from so many parts of my life, and springtime and Easter are a wonderful time to look back to beautiful days while enjoying a beautiful present and renewing and growing into the future. Several years ago I gave my mother an Easter Egg filled with chocolates, and it is in the window at the gallery now. Memories of the first Easter dress I bought with my own pocket money when I was very little are woven into the handmade decorations and flowers that adorn the windows. A beautiful gift of a calla lily from a lovely new friend who was thoughtful in not only the gift itself but in adding a small message of congratulations on a decorative wooden marker in it adorns a table and reminds me every day how good and kind people can be. The very birds that sing outside the windows and through the open door on warmer days seem to be reminding me of the birdsongs of days gone by as they sing new ones.

There is such joy at Easter, a deep feeling of knowing the goodness and love of God, and with the added beauty of the blossoms and warmth and sunshine and greenery all around that this time of year brings forth feels like a beautiful celebration of all that means new life. Happy Easter!




A Few Springtime Views
From YES Gallery
408 6th Street
Hoboken, New Jersey














Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment