Sunday, April 30, 2023

An Abundant Life - Here In This House That Turns Darkness To Light

Last week I wrote about the new show that was opening at YES Gallery, and the opening celebration was so wonderful that I wanted to share a bit about it here now. There have been wonderful shows and openings and events since the beginning of the gallery opening its doors last August, and somehow every show and opening and event just keeps getting better and better. The band Ocean Channel performed at the opening, and they were wonderful that during the sound check I was already so excited by what I was hearing. When they began to play at the celebration it was truly inspiring and so beautiful that everyone kept asking me where I found them and I'd share how they walked in the door one day and asked if I ever had music at the gallery. Their music and their energy and the friends they brought with them added so much to the evening and I am so grateful that they decided to walk into the gallery and that they liked what they saw and wanted to be a part of it.

This time around, as I wrote last week, I found myself in a very new and unexpected position of having to do most of the hanging myself. I hadn't thought it would be possible, but because of the unexpectedness of something that happened, I had no choice but to say a lot of prayers and get up on the ladder and start hanging. Everyone who sees the show keeps telling me its the best one to date, and all I can do is thank God and be grateful that though it seemed impossible, it was made possible for me to do this monumental task by myself and to do it so well that visitors keep telling me how beautiful it is. It really would have been impossible on my own, but with God all things are possible, and it's with so much gratitude that I share some images and videos here of the new show at YES Gallery.


Here In This House That Turns Darkness To Light
YES Gallery
408 6th Street
Hoboken, New Jersey







Ocean Channel Performing
At The Opening Celebration

A Leisurely Walk Through YES Gallery
With "Jackie Gleason Presents Music For Lovers Only"
Playing On My Vintage Stereo
On An Evening After The Opening Celebration






Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment