Sunday, December 20, 2015

An Abundant Life - Classic Beauty And Style

In my first post in this new chapter that I've been writing about An Abundant Life, I wrote about AaRaa Accessories in Hoboken. Right next door, sharing the same space, is another one of my dearest and most favorite places to visit and shop, Sixth Street Antiques. Sharon Florio, a woman of truly classic beauty and style, brings her expertise and expert eye to fill the space with eclectic, beautiful, witty, gorgeous and thoroughly treasurable treasures. She's a treasure herself, having a store and experience that go back many years, along with exquisite taste that only selects the best of the best. Just one piece from Sixth Street Antiques can transform any room. If you're lucky enough to own several, you'll have a home full of masterpieces. You can find clothing and accessories here too, chosen with the same perfect eye for design and line.

Sixth Street Antiques
408 Sixth Street
Hoboken, NJ
Open 7 Days



























u




Old World Craftsmanship

Up the hill and moving South toward Journal Square, you'll find a wealth of larger architectural treasures tucked away on Beacon Avenue. Just off of Kennedy Boulevard, Amighini Architectural is a place where dreams are made for any home decorator, designer or lover of style. It's my idea of a perfect day to wander around in their yard and showroom - they have everything and anything you need to complete your vision of a dream home. Hardware, lighting, fixtures, iron work, doors, windows, sculpture, pottery, tiles, set pieces and unique furniture are all displayed with such casual elegance and style that they make the extraordinary accessible for anyone. And if you're moving to the West Coast or have friends there who are envious of your gorgeous finds, you can talk to them about their showroom in Anaheim, California too.

Amighini Architectural
Unique & Timeless Architecture
246 Beacon Avenue
Jersey City, NJ
(201) 222-6367























Get Your Glam On

Over on East 9th Street in NYC, there's a store that is purely miraculous. I stumbled onto it one day when I walked by and saw their $25 dollar rack outside. I thought it was just for a special and limited time, but it's a gift that keeps on giving. Every time I walk by I see something I want to buy, and it's all I can do to not be greedy and leave something for someone else. I have to pray or else all my self control goes straight out the window. The things I have bought there are things that I treasure, the most special and exquisite haute couture fashion by only the best designers at prices that seem like a dream. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly, and there are photographs on the walls for sale that are so amazing it's worth a trip just to see them.

Cadillac's Castle
Designer Resale & Consignment Shop
333 East 9th Street
New York, NY
(212) 475-0406
Open Daily 12-8

















The Best And The Brightest

I am on a lot of email lists because of the many years I worked in film and theater and had my own business for public relations and marketing and planning events. I received an invitation the other day to a private sale and went to visit with some of the most lovely and talented women in New York City. Tucked into a warm and inviting room in a beautiful building on Murray Street, I found sumptuous scarves and gorgeous fine jewelry, fun with style and glamor and champagne. I could have bought everything they had, but I've already done my Christmas shopping, so I'll have to wait and be patient and hope that there's something left for my birthday in January. These women are so full of creativity and life that I'm sure they will have created new things by then, but I have my eye on a scarf that is so beautiful I want to hang it on my wall, a unique and exquisite work of art.

Private Shopping Party









Chetna Singh
Designer's Original Artwork
Printed On Silk Scarves







Jyoti Kapoor
Fine Jewelry





SlideOnz

The Amazing, Talented And Beautiful Designers



A Blessing And Anointing

I had written about Amy Anthony and Aroma in my post An Abundant Life - Something Old Something New, and although I knew that she was a blessing I hadn't really understood until this week how amazing she truly is. I met with her a week ago to consult with her about some gifts I wanted to have her make for some very special people in my life, and though I knew they would be beautiful, I was transported to Heaven by what she created. Each gift was made with such care, grace and love, and each one is exactly what each person will love. There's no way she could have known how deeply meaningful these gifts will be and no way on earth for her to have understood what each of these people needed. She has an anointing for this work, and a healing gift that could only come from God. Each piece is exquisite, made from the finest ingredients, some from her garden or the gardens of friends. After speaking with me she prayerfully meditated and created very personal blends, putting them into containers with labels and names that speak to each individual heart and soul. They smell so delicious I was tempted to keep them for myself, but with gifts this precious I knew they must go to their rightful owners. For solace I have a very special blend of my own that Amy made for me when I sat with her when we met to discuss the gifts. Containing spikenard, the anointing oil from the alabaster jar that was poured on the head of Jesus by a woman who loved Him much, I carry it in the little bag Amy gave me, using it to inhale the scent of peace, love and forgiveness, and as an anointing oil as I go about my days.

Special Gifts From The Heart
Made With Exquisite Care
Amy Anthony, Aromatherapist
www.nycaroma.com
Sleep Pillow
Room And Pillow Spray
Roll On
Body Butter and Roll On
The Most Exquisitely & Deliciously Aromatic Gifts

Spreading Joy

The turnstile took too many fares from my Metrocard the other day, and I had to walk the long way round to go to the booth on the other side of the station to find the subway attendant's booth. There are no coincidences with God and no accidents, and though I was annoyed at first, I was blessed to walk by my dear friend Kenny who was in the subway spreading peace and joy for the season. As you do your last minute shopping, stop by to say hello if you see him. You'll be glad you did because one moment with Kenny is worth a thousand.









Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment