Sunday, May 15, 2016

An Abundant Life - The Artists Have It

One of my favorite places in Hoboken has taken to the streets and the owner is reinventing and creating up a perfect storm of design. Sedona Hand Gallery has been evolving over the past few months into Daisy's Wearable Art, and if you ever visited Daisy at Sedona, you'll know that if she's creating you want to be a part of it. I had written about Sedona Hand Gallery last fall because from the first time I walked in the door I knew that I had found a special place. But someone like Daisy is so full of creative energy that four walls can't contain her, and now you can find her in fine weather on First Street between Park and Willow on some week day afternoons and on Saturdays. She's also hosting jewelry parties in select locations. Email her at daisyswearableart@yahoo.com to get on her mailing list or to find her at her sidewalk boutique. Her tagline says it all: "Artful finds for creative women - All women are creative express yourself"

Daisy's Wearable Art
Unique Women's Apparel & Accessories
daisyswearableart@yahoo.com












From One To Another

While I was visiting with Daisy, Ricardo Roig of Roig Gallery stopped by to say hello. I had been wanting to meet him because Katie Duffy McGeehin, one of the artists I know from Ho'bart Cooperative Gallery, had sent out an announcement through Instagram that she was in a show there. I wasn't able to attend the opening, and every time I walked by I was on my way somewhere else and couldn't stop in. When Ricardo stopped by to say hello to Daisy, it seemed a perfect opportunity to ask if he had time to talk. I was on my way to Modern Retro Finds, another favorite store that is right around the corner, but Ricardo said the gallery was open until 9pm, and so after I finished talking to Daisy and took my trip to Modern Retro Finds, I stopped by Roig Gallery to finally meet Ricardo. I'm so glad that I took the time, and you will be too - he's really an amazing creative force - a wonderful artist who helps support other artists by hosting shows and sharing information about the shows and studio spaces they have in the area. I love to connect people, and I think I met my match in Ricardo. When I walked in the door, he was talking to a lovely sculptor and painter, and while I met with him, he gave me so many cards for so many different artists my cup runneth over. The photos I'm sharing here are for the show that closed on Saturday, but you can always find Ricardo's wonderful work there, and he can connect you to your heart's content to everyone who is anyone in the area who is creating wonderful art.

Ricardo Roig At Roig Gallery
Original Fine Art
252 First Street
Hoboken, NJ




Sculptures By Katie Duffy McGeehin















To Another And Another

Last year I had walked into a delightful jewelry sample sale on my way home one day, and a few days ago when I received the invitation to the Partners In Crime Jewelry and Accessories Sample Sale, I was pleasantly surprised to realize that the lovely women I had met last year had remembered me. I stopped by on a day when it had gotten so rainy and colder again that if I didn't have such a lovely destination to go to, I would have decided to stay indoors. But going out in the rain was worth it, and the new Bullet Necklace Collection is all that and more. Partners In Crime are two awesome women you want to get to know - their vision and style is enchanting. And in the space where they were holding their Trunk Show, I saw one of Ricardo Roig's numbered prints, connecting all the dots from my seemingly chance meetings, and confirming I was in the right place at the right time.

Partners In Crime







A Ricardo Roig Print Lighting The Way



Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment