Sunday, June 12, 2016

An Abundant Life - Spring Into Summer

The weather has been sometimes summery for the past few weeks, and mixed in with cold and rainy days we've had sun and higher temperatures that have me yearning for the beach. I'm blessed to live in an area that has water all around, so even if I can't have the beach filled days I'm longing for, I can still enjoy the summery weather. This past week I was invited to two events that made me so grateful once again that God chose to move me where He did - as I've written in these pages before, I am always finding new people and places and things right in my own back yard to fall in love with.

Tuesday was the opening of a gallery show of artist Jodie Fink's recent work. Held at The Gallery at Garden Street Lofts with wine provided by Cork and Hors d'oeuvres provided by Dino & Harry's Steak House, it was a feast for the eyes as well as a treat for food and wine lovers. Cork provided wines from several amazing vineyards and cellars, in a wine tasting format that I thought was simply delightful. With representatives from Jean Edwards Cellars, Metropolis Wine Merchants, and SolStars Fine Wines, there were delightful and delicious flavors abounding. And along with discovering the lovely gallery space and Jodie Fink's beautiful art, I had the opportunity to discover Cork Wine & Spirits. My tablet wasn't working well that night so I made an appointment to go back on another day for artist photos and a visit to Cork. I've heard that there are wonderful shows and tastings like this every few months - how wonderful to have it so close to home!

Jodie Fink - Recent Works
June 7th - September 30th, 2016
The Gallery At Garden Street Lofts
1425 Garden Street
Hoboken, NJ
Wine Provided By Cork & Hors d'oeuvres Provided By Dino & Harry's Steakhouse



















Waterside Celebration

On Thursday I had the honor to attend the 50th Anniversary Celebration for St. Mary Advocates. I've written in these pages before about the wonderful women who give so generously of their time to volunteer for this valuable local charitable organization, and have shown some of the amazing things I have found in their thrift store. It was so lovely to see everyone together and having the time to enjoy being fĂȘted as they have so often given blessings to so many. The event was held in one of the most sumptuous restaurants and catering halls I have ever seen, with a wonderful duo providing dancing and cocktail music - a truly memorable night and a blessing to spend it with such a delightful group of powerhouse women and their families who have made a difference in so many lives in the community.

St. Mary Advovates 50th Anniversary Celebration
At Waterside Restaurant And Catering
7800 B River Road
North Bergen, NJ
(201) 861-7767








Blessings,

Jannie Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment