Sunday, August 20, 2017

An Abundant Life - Rise and Shine!

Last week I wrote about the wonderful artists Benjamin Oliver and Jamie Rose who throw the amazing party "Love Will Save The Day". Among the wonderful people I met that night, I was introduced to a group of young and beautiful women who work with RISE Brewing Co., makers of RISE Nitro Cold Brew Coffee. Cold Brew is all the rage these days, but I am a stick in the mud when it comes to trends, and I like my coffee home made and hot, unless it's a broiling summer day. I've tried cold brew and I haven't known what all the fuss was about, but that was before I met the beautiful women of RISE. I liked them so much and liked what I was hearing about the coffee, so I asked if I could stop by one afternoon to visit the cafe in the East Village. It's got to be one of the loveliest oases in an area that many years ago was thriving, then went through a grubby time and then began to thrive again but has so many shops and boutiques that it's sometimes hard to wade through them. But RISE stands out in a crowd, with its cheery signage and cheerful lovely faces behind the coffee bar, and when I tasted the coffee I was an immediate fan. It's beautiful to look at too - I'm a Guinness lover from way back, and watching the coffee being poured from the tap was a reminder of some of the loveliest Guinnesses I've had, and the flavor and richness of this coffee is second to none. I don't usually have sugar in my coffee, even the bitterest espresso, but I do like frothed milk or cream, but this coffee is so naturally sweet and low in acidity that you don't need to add any milk at all. I decided to try some, just to get another idea of the flavor sensation, and it was suggested by the lovely baristas that I try cashew milk which I did. The sweetness got sweeter and the afternoon was lifted, bringing me beautifully into the rest of my day and evening that were busy ones with grace. If you're in the area you're in for a treat, and if you can't make it in person, check them out online. At the storefront and on the website you can order your coffee in kegs and cans to go, so however you can, get there or go there or order to go. You'll be so happy you did - RISE is a great way to start any day. They've recently begun to add flavored coffees to their line, and though the original brew is simply grand, the Blood Orange and Lemon flavors are refreshing twists. The flavors are natural and pure the way the coffee is, and when I shared some with a mixologist friend, the inspiration immediately began flowing. Whatever your taste you'll find something at RISE to please and uplift you.

RISE Brewing Co.
Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
85 Stanton Street
New York City
http://risebrewingco.com/

The Creamiest And Sweetest Black Coffee
Straight From The Tap

Haley Beney And Nikki King
Adding Their Sweetness To The Mix

Refreshing, Low Acidity, Sustainably Sourced
Shown Here With Cashew Milk

The Perfect Pour Every Time

Available On Tap . . .





In Cans . . . 
Original Black

At Home

Or By The Keg

A Mixologists Inspiration

One Of Many New Recipes From The Phenomenal Mason Santana
Of Kolo Klub, Hoboken, New Jersey
www.koloklub.com
www.barremedy.com

Naturally Flavored Blood Orange And Lemon




Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment