Sunday, September 9, 2018

An Abundant Life - Adventurous Beauty

Ranie K. is a beautiful young woman who is not afraid of reinventing herself. Raised in Queens, New York, she received a B.A. in English Literature and worked in the hospitality industry, moving into a position at the Renaissance Hotels when the Midtown location on 35th Street in New York City first opened. She is currently working as a Navigator there, the name the Renaissance Hotels gives to their Concierge because of the very special work they do that is above and beyond a regular Concierge, and it's a title that suits Ranie to perfection. Among other special projects, the every day work of a Navigator is to help find interesting things for the guests of the hotel to explore and to answer questions about the area with knowledge and finesse, guiding guests to the people and places that would most suit their interests, goals and needs while they are visiting the hotel and the city.

When I first met Ranie, I was attending a whiskey tasting event at the Renaissance Midtown, and she answered my questions expertly, while directing me to the people who could give me more information and making introductions to the people who were at the event who could insure that I'd make the connections I needed to learn and know more about the hotel. When I asked if it would be possible to write a blog post about the hotel, she invited me to other events so that I could get a more in depth knowledge of the excellence in service and the cutting edge atmosphere that is available and is a part of the Renaissance boutique hotel experience.

Over time as I got to know Ranie, I started to see that there was even more to her than her already very busy and detail oriented role as a Navigator. Her work as a Navigator would have been enough for me to be interested in writing about her, but as I got the chance to know about some of the other things she was doing, I asked if we could sit down to talk a bit so that I could get a fuller picture of who this woman of mystery was. We met at the hotel for a brief talk so that I could clarify some of my questions, and then she was off to help more guests and make sure that everything was running smoothly for the evening events. It was a very brief talk because she takes her position very seriously, and though there were many questions I had and there are many things that she had to share with me, doing her job with excellence is her highest priority. I asked if she could email me some information, and I'll incorporate some of her own words here because the way that she has of expressing herself is delightful in its honesty, integrity and strength.

She's a beautiful woman, one who is very lovely and like a blooming flower, but like a flower she is strong and resilient, and goes through many phases and times of growth and renewal. She has started modeling, and when I saw her photographs I would have thought that was something that was a part of her history because she is a natural for it, but it is something that has been evolving fairly recently. She also travels all over the world, not as part of her job but because she loves to do it, enjoying each journey as a new adventure. She embraces change and growth and renewal, and faces new experiences head on, taking care to celebrate life and caring for the path she is on as a part of her own growth and personal journey. She writes a blog, and posts on Instagram @__lirio_de_los_valles__, and the stylist for her modeling is Ricardo Poulard who is on Instagram @primproperbrothers. Ricardo is the owner of Prim & Proper BrothersTM and is a Brand Manager, Image Consultant and Stylist. He has worked with Garçon Couture, Dleak Bow Ties and Pstudios as well as being the personal stylist to Ranie K. As a bio that Ranie shared with me describes him, "His vision and creativity goes beyond your imagination. He is always looking for new ways to be innovative in the fashion world. The sky is the limit and there is no stopping him."

Along with the beautiful photos that Ranie shared with me for this blog, she wrote some words about herself and her personal exploration and journey: "This blog is reinventions of myself and how far I have come – being comfortable in my own skin and understanding and accepting my flaws as progression in my life. Learning to change with every passing day to improve myself to be a better person. Modeling is an outlet to expressing and embracing my sexuality as an older woman. I have a great passion for traveling the world and intend to see as many countries as possible in this life time. I love unique food adventure and like to eat locally when I travel. The best way to experience a culture is through history and food. Favorite quote: "If you're going through hell, keep going." – Churchill. Why I name my blog A Lily of the Valley: - despite the lack of sunlight it still grows. Hence, despite all life has thrown at me I will still: Smile, Shine and be Happy; I owe that to myself."

I can agree that she still smiles, shines and radiates happiness - she brightens the rooms she is in with her lovely smile all the time. But I will disagree that she's an older woman - she may feel that way because of her personal maturity and some life experiences that have been challenging, and she is very serious about doing her work in the best way possible, but there is a charming and youthful quality about her that is the very essence of that Lily of the Valley - a flower both tender and sweet as it grows with resilience and brightens the paths of others around it. 



Ranie K. Around The World
Photographs Courtesy of Ranie K.

Paris



Brussels


Rosé Mansion Event
New York City






Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment