Sunday, February 10, 2019

An Abundant Life - Perfect Style

Nora Gardner designs clothing that puts you on the top of the world. It's a rare and wonderful thing that happens when you walk into a store and everything you try on makes you feel literally like a million dollars, and I can honestly say that it's not very often that I've had that happen. But when I walked into Nora's store the other day to take some photos for this blog post and she suggested I try some of the pieces on, I had that rare and wonderful sensation that I was someone very special and that I could do anything I wanted to do in the magically beautiful clothing I was wearing. It had been a long day full of meetings, with more in the evening after I left Nora's store, but somehow when I started trying on her wonderful creations my whole mood shifted and I felt ready to conquer the world with a smile. Nora herself came from a background in the financial industry, so she understands both the surface aesthetics of office culture and the underlying messages clothing can convey. And she also, perhaps more importantly, understands that though women enjoy feeling powerful and very much want to be respected as equals, there is also a thorough enjoyment in wearing something that is both professional and that is flattering as well. In reading over the comments and reviews online after my visit this past week, I saw that I'm only one of her brand's many fans. In comment after comment women praised her designs to the skies, expressing the feelings I'd had when I first tried on her clothing, that here was a treasure I'd found that was a unique and special personal gift to me.

The clothing is well made also, so well made that it not only hangs perfectly on the body, but it will also last and continue to look beautiful in season after season. Timeless styles with some twists here and there, classic cuts and strong comfortable fabrics that drape and hang well while not creasing or showing wear during travel or long days into night times and beyond. The pieces are made in New York City, in garment industry shops that promote fair practices and healthy work environments for the craftspeople who carefully and knowledgeably add their expertise to each part of the process, so shopping there is supporting a sustainable local industry that promotes excellent business practices.

Nora Gardner has created a brand that not only has her signature style behind it, but that every woman can wear and enjoy for any work or professional outing and any special night out. With pieces that can mix and match and layer and unlayer, each one is a masterpiece in classic style. I spent a number of years in the financial industry and other highly professional, competitive offices, and after trying on Nora's clothing I wished I'd known someone like her back then. But now that we have her it's a time for celebration - of everything that we have always wanted in clothing but never thought we'd be able to find under one roof.

I was lucky enough to have a first look at the new Spring line that had just come in, and I have to say that Nora has created some truly exquisite pieces. Everything I tried on was not only a perfect fit, something that is really hard to do, but also I loved each and every one and could imagine exactly where I could wear them. Though I love beautiful clothing, people who know me know that I'm very careful in my shopping - I only buy things that I truly love and feel are important purchases and I could have bought everything in the store. Even some colors that I don't usually think of as being my most flattering somehow were perfect and it was hard not to just say I'd take everything. The staff is excellent and the experience in the store is delightful in every way. Nora herself was there when I was visiting - she is there often for the day to day business of the business and also for the special events that she plans with her versatile staff, and having a chance to have her expert knowledge and input is a lovely surprise and addition to the overall experience of the excellence of her brand.

My mother always said that everyone should have at least one Chanel suit, and I think if she ever met Nora she'd be shopping there too. The pieces I brought home with me will be treasures each time I wear them, and because of their versatility and lovely wearability I'll be wearing them often. I've always been someone who loves to travel, but packing is always a chore. I like to travel light, with one carry on even before these days of limited baggage, and choosing what to bring that will give me variety and comfort can be difficult. After shopping with Nora I'm feeling inspired to travel, not just because of the travel itself but because I know the clothing I have will look beautiful wherever I wear it. There's a wonderful old song about flying to the moon and swinging upon a star - with Nora's clothing I think it just might be possible.


Nora Gardner
40 East 58th Street
Ground Floor
New York City




















Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment