Sunday, March 3, 2024

An Abundant Life - Leaping Into Faith, Hope And Dreams And Growing Into New Life

It's been a very busy time for me for a long while now, and although the holiday season usually gives a time of more quietness, this time around I've been feeling like I have had so much to do that there has been very little time to just rest. When I first opened YES Gallery I had wanted to do regular events, and I've been scheduling them every month since the Grand Opening on August 23, 2022. When February rolled around I thought that maybe I just wouldn't do an event because there was so much going on in my life around and within the gallery, but I kept feeling like God was nudging me to go ahead and have an event and keep the joy of the gallery alive even in the midst of so much of everything else that is happening.

When I thought about the calendar, something made me think that maybe it was a Leap Year. I've been so busy that I hadn't even thought of that until I started thinking about when I could schedule an event. Sure enough, when I looked at the calendar I saw that this year is a Leap Year, and so I decided to schedule the event for February 29th. Because I was feeling as if I didn't really have much time to plan anything really big, I decided to just let celebrating the day be the inspiration for it, and when I made the invitation I used the idea of what it means when we take a leap of faith which after all is what YES Gallery is and what really all of my life has been and is now, especially after God walked into my life and began changing things around in 2005. As I've written before, that time was not only life changing for the way I felt and the things I did, but it changed my path to be one that was a walk of faith that is always and ever an adventure of healing that takes me into places that sometimes seem like I wouldn't have wanted to go. As the journey has gone on over these years, I've found that God always brings us through to a beautiful land, and that the places where He brings us are better than what we thought we wanted to begin with.

So Leap Year became a jumping off point for reminding myself of the gift of faith, of being able to take a leap of faith, of hope and dreams. The event itself was lovely, as events at YES Gallery always are, and this time for some reason it was peaceful too, as if God knew that I and the people who visited needed to be a little bit quiet and to take time to talk together and share moments that were joyful in a quieter way. I had scheduled it from 5pm-8pm, and during the entire time there were people coming and going, some I knew and some who were completely new to the gallery. The conversations shared were lovely, and the time shared together was very meaningful as we met in community and spoke with each other in a way that deepened friendships and began new ones.


Taking A Leap!
Faith And Dreams
Growing Into New Life
A Lovely Visitor Arrives
At YES Gallery





Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment