Sunday, November 15, 2015

An Abundant Life - Near And Far

Rachael Green of rena REBORN is one of the nicest and friendliest high fashion store owners I know. In her words, "Our shop, run by myself and my husband Courtlan Green, started as a dream and has transformed into a reality. The name of the store, rena REBORN, is actually derived from my middle name "rena." We put all of our love into our shop and we hope it brings as much joy to others as it does for us." I can definitely say I can feel the love and have the joy - I have bought so many wonderful things in their wonderful store that I needed to buy new hangers. Their taste is exquisite, the prices divine, and there's a five dollar rack always out front unless there's a pouring rain and it's moved indoors. There are always new things, and sales abound even including the five dollar rack - I don't know why they're so generous, but I bless them for it.

rena REBORN - New And Recycled Fashion
117 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009
(212) 253-2595
Monday - Saturday 12pm - 8:30pm
Sunday 12pm - 8:00pm














www.renaREBORN.com
info@renareborn.com
Follow @renareborn


A Trip Back In Time

This week I traveled to Wilmington Massachusetts and visited some childhood memories. There had been a jewelry store in the town plaza where I had brought some things to be fixed years ago and I'd always loved to browse there. That store is gone, but Robert P. Flaherty, Jeweler, Inc. has taken a place that can rightfully be called its own. Paul Flaherty is so friendly and helpful - not only did he take time to show me many of his wonderful pieces and show me the correct way to put on a bracelet - they're designed to be put on by someone else - but he talked to me about my life outside of Wilmington and hearing that I liked thrift stores, sent me to the Salvation Army and a local consignment shop that were well worth the trip. In addition to lovely and affordable high value classics, he had some amazing pieces from an estate sale, and with the prices he offers I could have bought everything. I held myself back, but he's only a phone call away and I'm sure I'll be back the next time I'm in Wilmington. A good old fashioned jewelry store, he can order anything you want and find your heart's desire even if all you have is a picture. He makes excellent repairs and is trustworthy and honest as the day is long. He doesn't have a website, but you can call him at (978) 657-8338, or stop by and stay for a while for a good neighborhood visit.

Robert P. Flaherty, Jeweler, Inc.
Wilmington Plaza
Wilmington, Massachusetts 01887
(978) 657-8338




A Few Current Estate Sale Treasures









Home Is Where The Heart Is

Hob'art Co-Operative Gallery is an amazing gift that you can give yourself. A visit to the Monroe Art Center opens the door to lovely artwork and the creativity of a collective artist cooperative. Most recently I visited during the Hoboken Artist Studio Tour, but you can go at other times whenever they have a show and always see a variety of beautiful, insightful and engaging paintings, sculpture, collage pieces and other works that will appeal to every eye, mind and taste. And if you're an artist, stop by and ask about joining - their rates are so reasonable and the group such a great one, you'll find inspiration and have a beautiful place to share your work in.

Hob'art Gallery
720 Monroe Street E208
Hoboken, New Jersey
www.hob-art.org
www.facebook.com/hob.art.gallery
Follow @hobartgallery









Works pictured by:
Katie McGeehan, Maya Forester, Jean-Paul Picard, Ibou Ndoye,
France Garrido, Liz Cohen, Alberte Bernier, Rich Roberts




The Best Wings Ever

This week was a busy one with meeting new friends and finding new places that compliment the favorites I have. Trolley Car Bar & Grill is a restaurant I have walked by many times, always thinking it looked like a place I'd like to go. When I met the owner Esteban Castro, I knew why the look of the place is so inviting. The food is delicious too - freshly prepared top quality classics like burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, rib eye beef tacos, sliders, fish tacos, fried calamari, Caesar salad, and nachos are made with care by Chef Juanito and served with professional, friendly and graceful skill by the excellent staff. A sports bar that welcomes non sports fans too, with an outdoor area full of sunshine, everyone can find something to delight. Ask the owner about his history as a boxer. His record is 33-7 and he has stories to tell and professional gear to show that give a glimpse into another world.
Trolley Car Bar & Grill
328 Palisade Avenue
Jersey City Heights, New Jersey
(201) 360-3233







Esteban Castro, Owner & Proprietor





Juanito Creating Another Masterpiece


The Best Buffalo Wings Ever!


Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment