Sunday, March 20, 2016

An Abundant Life - Enlightening Journeys

One day last year when the weather was turning warmer and the days were long and sweet, I walked a way that I don't usually walk and found a new and wonderful place to shop. Following signs marking the way, I discovered a lovely neighborhood store that sells second hand furniture, antiques, vintage pieces, home goods, electronics and appliances, and the owner Gabriel who has so much knowledge and expertise that it is a joy to spend time with him. There is always something new to see at his store, and now that the weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer again, his hours will be extending too. If you're looking for something in particular, ask him - he may have it in storage or be able to find it or be in the process of fixing something that is just what you need. If you like browsing and learning about home design and décor like I do, stop by for a visit - you'll be sure to find unique and delightful pieces to inspire and decorate your home.

Second Hand Furniture
Everything For Your Home And Apartment
Living Room Sets, Bedroom Sets, Kitchen Furniture, Electronic Appliances And Much More!
427 Baldwin Avenue
Jersey City, NJ
(201) 417-5369
Open Year Round Saturday And Sunday 10-7
In Warmer Weather Open Thursday And Friday 3-8
Call For Extended Hours And Information






















Williamsburg Wonderland

I find many wonderful places because I walk everywhere I can, but there are some places that are too far for me to roam to, and I'm so happy that Social Media can help us do the walking to places that are too far for our feet to carry us. There are people and business around the world who I have connected with through Instagram, and when there is someone close enough to visit with, it's fun to have the opportunity to meet them. I'm a big fan of unique and beautiful vintage pieces, and when I saw a post from RePOP with a gorgeous Curtis Jere Wall Sculpture, I went onto the website and saw that the store was in Williamsburg. Too far for me to walk, but a subway and Path Train ride away, so I contacted the owner and asked if I could come by for a visit. The store is full of wonderful pieces, they offer design services and host art shows, and the owner, Russell Boyle, is so full of creativity and life that you feel rejuvenated just meeting him. The day I visited they had just opened the art show "Brazen: New Works by Tine Kindermann, Sophie Robson and Russell Boyle," and the art fit so beautifully with the wonderful vintage pieces that I would have bought everything together if I had a house big enough to put everything in. If you're in the area, stop in whenever you can for an infusion of great art and design, and if you're a bit farther away, it's worth the trip - you'll be sure to be energized and enlivened by the journey.

RePOP
143 Roebling Street
Brooklyn, NY
(718) 260-8032
www.repopny.com




Current Art Exhibit
Brazen: New Works By Tine Kindermann, Sophie Robson And Russell Boyle





Design Services And Gorgeous Vintage Pieces
Rubbing Shoulders With The Best In Local Art













Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment