Sunday, April 3, 2016

An Abundant Life - Spring Celebrations

I love to walk, and there are so many beautiful places to discover that the possibilities are endless. One favorite place for me in any weather is to be by the water, and with the Hudson River and New York City skyline and harbor views, the waterfront walkway that stretches from Jersey City all the way up through Weehawken is a regular destination. One place that I discovered on a walk one day is Battello Restaurant, and when a friend had a birthday in March, we celebrated it there. Because of our schedules, we decided on a late lunch, and the timing was perfect because we arrived just as the lunch rush was ending and as we enjoyed our delicious meal and perfect views, the restaurant emptied before the happy hour crowd arrived, and we had the place to ourselves for a golden hour. Battello is such a popular destination, with such great food, excellent service, and million dollar views, so make sure to make your reservations early. They host private events on a regular basis, so call ahead to insure you have a place at the dockside.

Battello
502 Washington Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ
(201) 798-1798





















Artists And Writers

A few weeks ago when I was on my way home, I ran into a friend in Riverview Park who was deep in conversation with one of the best and brightest of our local writers. James Ruggia is such a welcoming and friendly person that he invited me on the spot to the spoken word series Backroom Broadsides at the Fox and Crow. For years in Manhattan I had arranged afternoon and evening events like that, bringing artists together in local pubs and restaurants and galleries and boutiques, and it was exciting to hear that there was something so wonderful going on right in my new back yard. The Fox and Crow is a great space all by itself, lovely and warm and inviting with delicious food and friendly service, and the addition of a spoken word series in the parlor makes it irresistible. Combine that with James Ruggia as master of ceremonies and you've got the recipe for a perfect night out.

Backroom Broadsides At The Fox And Crow
Presented By James Ruggia and The Riverview Neighborhood Association
Tuesdays In February And March At 8pm
594 Palisade Avenue
Jersey City Heights, NJ
Check The Fox And Crow Website For Upcoming Events
www.foxandcrowjc.com
www.riverviewneighborhood.org











Ladies Night

Leo's Grandevous is a restaurant I've heard about and walked by so often that I've been waiting to find a special occasion to go there. When I heard that Jennifer Sutton, the stylist extraordinaire for Stella&Dot, would be there for another of her beautiful and inspiring events, I made sure to add it to my calendar before heading over to see James Ruggia at the Fox And Crow. Evenings with Jennifer never disappoint, and Leo's was all that I had thought it could be and more. I'm looking forward to spending an evening there when I have time to sit and enjoy their delicious creations and wonderful home town ambiance to the fullest.

Ladies Night At Leo's Grandevous
With Jennifer Sutton, Stylist Extraordinaire For Stella&Dot
200 Grand Street
Hoboken, NJ
(201) 659-9467












The Always Amazing AaRaa

I've written about Neeta King and her wonderful store AaRaa before, and I'll keep writing about her and praising her to the skies because there is always something wonderful and sparkling and new to find there. Last week she hosted another perfect event with Tiffany Pinero who always adds her own sparkle and charm to raise the fun and beauty level to the heights. I met new wonderful artists and artisans and designers and reconnected with those I have met before, all while enjoying the lovely and inviting hosting of one of the best event destinations in town. Follow Aaraa and Tiffany Pinero for daily style updates and uplifting messages, and be the first to hear about new collections and wonderful events.

Welcoming Spring At AaRaa
408 Sixth Street
The Gorgeous Tiffany Pinero Lights The Way









Maria Afonso Lends Her Fabulous Style Tips And Presence




Blessings,

Jannie Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment