Sunday, April 17, 2016

An Abundant Life - Sweet And Savory

Chocolate Dreams

When I was growing up, I used to love to go to chocolate stores and buy home made chocolates by the pound. I'd pick out a box of chocolates and ask them to wrap it as a present - it was a present for me and it always felt so special to eat chocolates that way. I had the opportunity to try many different places, and even went to Belgium on a trip with my high school orchestra where I was able to buy Godiva chocolates at a ridiculously inexpensive price. But when I walked by Lepore's Home Made Chocolates for the first time and decided to walk in, I found a place on this side of the Hudson River that would satisfy my heart's desire for giving myself a gift for my sweet tooth. In business for 38 years, Lepore's is family owned and operated by the friendliest and nicest people you could meet. They're happy to help everyone who walks in, greeting friends and new customers with the same helpful smiles. A welcoming and delightful place, Lepore's is a treat not to be missed.

Lepore's Home Made Chocolates
105 Fourth Street
Just Off Of Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ
(201) 659-4783


Mario Lepore
With A Smile Even Sweeter Than The Chocolate






Food For The Soul

I'm a foodie at heart, and I love to cook and prepare gourmet meals for myself and my friends, and when I first moved to New York I was so excited to discover what a food lover's mecca it is. But over the years the places where I loved to shop have either closed or moved or are in neighborhoods where I don't get to as much any more. I had gone into Aspen Marketplace several times over the years when I was looking for specialty items, but I didn't know all of the wonderful things they had until last weekend when I was blessed above and beyond my wildest foodie dreams during their anniversary celebration. Vendors were all over the store, sharing treats and tastes of their sublime offerings, and after tasting the divine raw milk cheeses from Brent The Cheese Guy of TheCheeseGuy.com, I saw G. Jacqueline Waddy with her oh so glamorous serving station of pate from Les Trois Petits Cochons, one of my favorite foodie delights. She had everything so beautifully arranged, with mustard and whole wheat and white crackers and cornichons, and when I started talking to her about my love of pate and how it was something I had not been able to find a good selection of locally, she showed me the full selection available in-store. I bought several kinds that day, and had lunches fit for a queen all week. The quality of the selections of every kind of food for every taste at Aspen Marketplace is of the highest, but their prices won't break your budget. Stop by when you're looking for something special or when you just want to treat yourself to a specialty.

Apen Marketplace
226-228 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
(201) 659-0355









Every Cheese Your Heart Could Desire

My Selection Of Pate From Les Trois Petits Cochons
www.3pigs.com

Complete With Fresh Flowers To Brighten Your Day


Eye Candy

Last night I had the privilege of celebrating the one year anniversary of the opening of Rolando Iglesias' fabulous Hoboken store Modern Retro Finds. I've written about Rolando before and will again because he is always on the top of my list of wonderful people with wonderful creative eyes and hearts and minds. It always feels like a celebration when I visit with Rolando, and last night was a special night because so many of his friends and family were able to come together to ring in a new year of fabulous design. There's no doubt about it that Rolando is going places that the rest of us can only dream about - catch him while you can because his star is on the rise.

Modern Retro Finds
One Year Anniversary Celebration
91 Park Avenue
Hoboken, NJ
(201) 459-0333











Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment