Sunday, November 13, 2016

An Abundant Life - Connections

I've been thinking about my father alot recently. It was his birthday in October, but even without that reminder, there are things things that happen every day that I know he would have marveled at. He was an engineer, and the people who worked with him called him the electronics guru - he was the first person I knew who told me about the internet. At the time I thought he was crazy - why not just pick up the phone and call me? But he kept insisting that this was the greatest invention and that it was changing the way we would communicate, and as we know, I now know he was right. I have an interesting relationship with technology because of my father - I've never had a problem with math, and though I still need the help of another dear guru I know when my computer goes down, I'm comfortable with all sorts of gadgets though I don't read the directions or get caught up in the latest trends. It took me a long time to get a cell phone, but when I finally did I didn't know how I'd lived without it, and though I stayed away from social media for a long time, and still mostly do, when another dear guru of all things to do with public relations and marketing encouraged me to try Instagram, I found it to be the most amazing tool for connecting with people around the world and in my own back yard.

Because of one of the connections that was made through Instagram, this past week I received the most beautiful rug from a company in Istanbul, Turkey. It is made of natural goat hair, and is furry in a way that is both charming and chic, with stripes of color that are from the natural color of the goats. I couldn't be more delighted - it's truly a work of art - and the service was simple and professional. I know my father is smiling right now because of how this connection was made. I have a love for all things textile, and the rugs from Bosphorus Rugs are some of the most beautiful I've seen. Looking at their website is like viewing a gallery of the finest in art and craftsmanship, and having one of their rugs in my home has added a work of art to my every day view.

A Natural Goat Hair Rug From Bosphorus Rugs
www.bosphorusrugs.com


A New Connection In My Old Stomping Ground 

Krause Gallery on Orchard Street is in an area where I've spent so much time and so many days and nights that it's surprising that I haven't just randomly wandered into it one day. But it was Instagram that introduced me and brought me to one of their openings, making my father smile once again as he watched me make a connection to a place where once upon a time I would have told him I could have easily found on my own. The wonderful thing about connecting through Instagram, is that though sometimes you find something you're interested in that's half way across the world, sometimes you find that the thing you're interested in is right in your own neighborhood or one that you can easily visit. A vintage hand loomed goat hair rug from Turkey, and the most avant garde and vibrant art going - you can find them all and connect with them too, and go for a visit or have them visit you.


Krause Gallery
149 Orchard Street
New York, NY


Current Exhibition - Campbell la Pun "After Party"


  


Additional Works By Emerging Artists
Brilliantly Curated By Director Benjamin Krause
 

















 


Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment