Sunday, December 18, 2016

An Abundant Life - A Perfect Palate

A few weeks ago when I wrote about Cheese+Wine Hoboken, I had wanted to include something about the Wine Manager there. I had heard about Steve Donigan through the grapevine - that he was not only an expert with expert taste, but that he was a very nice person too. At the time when I wrote about the store, I had not yet had a chance to really meet him - for a while he was traveling and discovering new wines to bring to our tables, and though he was back on the night of one of the events I attended, he stepped aside and let others take the stage. The other day I had the opportunity I had been waiting for, and I was able to spend some time talking to the master himself. It was a wonderful conversation, bringing me back in time to my own memories of some of the most wonderful places in New York, and I now know a bit more about just why Steve has the wonderful reputation he does. Starting from an early age he was around fine food and wine, learning from some of the best in the business, and when he moved to New York, he continued his hands on education working first with Kevin Zraly at Cellar In The Sky at the top of One World Trade and then with Bobby Flay at his legendary first restaurant Mesa Grill. According to Robert Parker, "Kevin Zraly is the finest wine educator I have known," and Steve echoes that feeling both in his praise of him and in the way he both reveres fine wine and wishes to share his love and knowledge with others. You can find him at Cheese+Wine Hoboken to help with all of your wine and spirit needs, and he is also available for private parties and public events. Visit with him to make your next dinner or party, event or gala opening a truly memorable one.

Steve Donigan at Cheese+Wine Hoboken
720 Monroe Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
www.cheeseandwinestore.com
For Wine And Spirit Tastings At
Private Parties And Events You Can Also Contact Steve Directly
SteveADonigan@gmail.com

Discussing Selections With Ben Forsee of Bradley Alan Imports
One Of The Finest Importers Of The Finest Of Wines








Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment