Sunday, December 11, 2016

An Abundant Life - Shining Stars

In the first few months after I was born again, I was on the subway one night going home and some people got on the A train at 42nd Street and sat right next to me on either side. I was sitting in a corner seat in a fairly empty car, and I couldn't figure out why these two people who were obviously friends who wanted to talk to each other, would sit right next to me, practically surrounding me, and have their conversation. They were talking about modeling and photographers and an event they had just gone to, and I heard the voice of God tell me to tell them what was in my bag. I had just picked up some photographs a friend had taken of me to help me try to find some modeling work. Around that time I had gone through some major setbacks in my business, and my friend who is an amazing photographer had offered to help me by taking some photos and sharing them with his contacts in the fashion industry. When he had called me to invite me to have a photo shoot courtesy of him, I was newly born again, and though I said yes, when I got off the phone I had to ask God if it was really all right that I go. After all, that was a part of my old life, and models didn't really seem to go at all with God. But God said to go ahead and have fun and feel like a princess for a day because I needed it after what I had been going through, and it was with His okay that I found myself on the subway that night with modeling photos in my bag. The people next to me kept talking about this great event they had been to and other events they were planning, and God kept telling me to tell them about my photos, and though I felt like an idiot, the voice of God won out and I introduced myself. It turned out that they were both fashion photographers and that the event they had been to was for a group called Paradox, which was part of an international organization called Models For Christ. Christians in the fashion industry, doing God's work around the world and spreading His love - what a paradox, right?

We don't always think of fashion as being able to heal, but before I was born again and met those two photographers, I had the opportunity to work with a haute couture designer and I discovered that fashion at its best can help us to learn to find our own unique and beautiful way to be. I met a young man through Instagram who is talented and creative and who is doing wonderful work as a model and with fashion and photography. I asked him if he would send me photos and information about himself, and what he sent me was so wonderful that I have put it here with only a few minor edits. Meet my guest blogger this week, Zash/Flash. Follow him on Instagram @blvckzash and watch a rising star.


About My Life

Hi
I am Zash
my age is 17 (15/1999/9)
I am a student In UAE.
So here is my picture how I was before and how I started learning what is life, and find my talent.


So here I am in this picture, my age was 15, I was a decent, calm, and respectful boy. At this age I was bullied very badly, other boys made fun of my mustache, meanwhile I was 15, but I wasn't having any idea what to do, I was scared, and upset at that time, but after I shifted from that school and place, I found a friend. He had the same life as mine, but was brave-hearted.
 
He gave me advice to shave my mustache and keep my hair long, then I changed. We both started shopping, eating, camping, taking pictures, mostly did everything. I had so much fun with him. But when I turned 16 some boys did not like to see us having fun, they were jealous, they made many rumors about us both and put a distance between us, so he got upset and broke our friendship.

I loved him as my own brother, as my own blood, but people don't see that.

So here's my picture and having no friends at that time. I took this picture by keeping the phone on stairs, I had no friends to take the picture. I lived very emotionally, like I've lost my brother. I felt very bad because of what happened, but I tried to be strong and I moved on.



And here I am at the age of 17. I started taking selfies, pictures by giving some poses, and that's the age where I have learned what I am able to do, and that's the gift which I have been given from God. I was lucky to discover my gift, because some people don't ever try to find out why they are on this earth, and never aim to discover their gift.



Here was my first pose. I had party at my school and everyone liked my outfit, my hairstyle, and everything. They asked for advice and asked many, many questions - how did I change? how did you get this outfit? do you have Instagram? many questions. I felt different, so different.


Here was my first picture, with DSLR and wearing name brand clothes and shoes. At that moment one guy advised me to make an Instagram account. He said "you are talented bro." I was so happy. I thanked God for this lovely gift.


Here I was completely into my talent. I loved modeling, and taking pictures, and buying so many stylish clothes.



And here I am, having a good look with style. So my friends, never ever lose faith. Trust in God, he is the one who can help you, not anyone else.
Thank You.




Hi Jannie. I wish you might understand my life. I didn't write completely, I skipped some parts, but that's what actually happened with me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Editor's Note: All I can say is beautiful :)


Beauty Around Town

There's a new gallery in Jersey City Heights, and its owners are angels. I met one of them, Matt Schmidt, in Hoboken at Urban Consign & Design, another wonderful place that I wrote about a few weeks ago, and was invited to attend the closing night party for their show of the works of Timothy David Lang. I had seen the gallery space and had been wanting to visit, because even from the outside it looked simply wonderful, and I was so impressed by my first visit that I am going to stop by whenever I can. They are currently hosting a Holiday Art Mini-mart, with remaining hours today and next weekend from 11am-4pm. I stopped by yesterday and everything was so wonderful I wished I could have bought everything there. With over 100 pieces of original artwork by over 40 participating artists and all artwork under $120, there's room for holiday and personal shopping for every budget. I guarantee you'll enjoy your time there, because the owners are so lovely and the space so inviting, and the art and design inspiring to the fullest. Owner and Director Kristin J. DeAngelis has a passion for helping artists be seen and shown, and for sharing art with the community. Get on their mailing list and be a part of something beautiful.

Owner And Director Kristin J. DeAngelis Gracing The Space At
107 Bowers Gallery & ArtSpace
107 Bowers Street
 Jersey City, New Jersey
Owners Kristin J. DeAngelis and Matt Schmidt
Currently Hosting The Holiday Art Mini-mart
Remaining Dates: Sunday December 11th & 18th And Saturday December 17th 11am-4pm
www.107BowersGallery.com 
Shown Here With The Work Of Timothy David Lang















Meeting Of Beautiful Minds

I've written about Cork Wine & Spirits and Christina Andersen Floral Design here before at different times, so when Christina Andersen told me she would be at Cork, I knew I wanted to be there. The wine selection and the owners of Cork are truly delightful, and Christina Andersen has such a wealth of beauty in her storehouse, that I knew the day would be a lovely one, and when I arrived and saw that other artisans and designers were there as well, my cup ran over into bliss. Stop by for some holiday cheer and be blessed with inspiration and beauty. You'll find so much to delight that your season will be a merry one.

Holiday Treats At Cork Wine & Spirits
1450 Washington Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
Contact The Store and Individual Artists and Designers
For Availability And Store Hours
www.corkwines.com









Christina Andersen Floral Design



India Hicks
Fiona Connel Independent Ambassador



Fego Gioielli
Statement & Custom Jewelry Design







Blessings,

Jannie Susan

 



No comments:

Post a Comment