Sunday, March 12, 2017

An Abundant Life - Creative Energy

One night a few weeks ago, a friend gave me a ride up the long hill from Hoboken to Jersey City Heights, and when she dropped me off on a corner before heading on her way, I saw a mural on the side of a building that was so compelling I felt I just had to photograph and post it on Instagram. In years past I had often walked by the corner where it was because I had lived only a few blocks away, but then I moved and my walking patterns changed a bit, and so somehow I had missed this beautiful work of art. It was a freezing night - the weather had gotten beautifully warmer and then suddenly dropped into the low 20's - and with the change in the weather for the colder, the warmth of spring that was rising up in me had started to cool. But wonderful art always has a way of bringing the life back into me, and after photographing this beauty I walked around the corner of the building to ask inside if they knew who had created it. I found myself in a store that was overflowing with so much creativity that I would have been warmed up even if there hadn't been a hot press for making t-shirts running actively inside. It only took me a minute to see that I was in the presence of one of those special people whose visions and dreams make all of our realities sweeter. Art for Art's sake, the English translation of the phrase by French philosopher Victor Cousin, is what comes to mind when I think of my experience that night at Eclectic Taste Coop. When I look that expression up, I find the definition, "Used to convey the idea that the chief or only aim of a work of art is the self-expression of the individual artist who creates it." L'Art pour l'art is the saying in French, and it is that self expression, that pure creative spirit, that transcends even the coldest of nights and brings passion back into the viewer. Visit Eclectic Taste and follow them online. Your heart, mind and spirit will thank you.

Eclectic Taste
481 Central Avenue
Jersey City Heights, New Jersey
(347) 571-3469 - Ask For Michael








Mural By Roc Of Faded Royalty
www.fadedroyalty.com




Blessings,

Jannie Susan

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic find...great post! Need to check out this place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear Rebecca F. It's a wonderful place with a wonderful owner!

      Delete