Sunday, March 26, 2017

An Abundant Life - Tasteful Pleasures

A few weeks ago I wrote about the gorgeous Sufia Hossain and her marvelous Silly Chilly Hot Sauce, and the day that I met her to talk to her more in depth about her wonderful self, we met in the bakery and cafe Baking Mama. I'd walked by Baking Mama before, but had never gone in. It's a very sweet place to buy sweet things, but I'd always thought that it was literally just a store front. When Sufia suggested we meet there it was a wet and rainy day, and all I could imagine was that she had thought we'd get something and then walk somewhere else to sit out of the rain. Instead, when she arrived and we walked into this tiny oasis, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was more than enough room to feel comfortable while keeping cozy, with a table and chairs and delicious scents of fresh baked goods and flavorful coffee to keep us more than satisfied. That first day there I tried a home made whoopie pie - Sufia had offered to treat me, and that had been the first thing that caught my eye in the very tastefully arranged and colorful counters and cases. I grew up with whoopie pies, and though they're a thing that always makes me think they will be delicious, they always very sadly disappoint, but I had a feeling that just as I had been pleasantly surprised by the space and place, I'd be even more pleasantly and tastefully surprised by this whoopie pie. And of course I was - I don't think there is anything in Baking Mama that isn't astonishingly delicious. The chocolate cake-like cookies that surrounded the fresh whipped cream not only melted in my mouth but gave me that chocolate cake loveliness that sometimes is missing from even very well made cakes. It's the simple fact that only the best ingredients are used and that the baker is actually baking everything herself from recipes she discovered and developed to insure that whatever she serves is only the best. Baking Mama is quite simply one of the best there is when it comes to baking - and I come from a long line of bakers and am one myself, so that's no idle compliment. Tina Rivera, the baker and mama, also gives classes, so you can find out how to make your own deliciousness too. Stop by and have a taste - you'll find yourself in a lovely place with even lovelier scents and tasteful tastes abounding.

Baking Mama
88 Hudson Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
(201) 683-0854

Tina Rivera
Baker And Mama
 

















Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment