Sunday, April 23, 2017

An Abundant Life - Putting It All Together

I've always loved fringed jackets since I saw Roger Daltrey's in a photo from Live At Leeds. Even as a child I loved the look of the heavy suede and the way the fringe seemed to lift like wings. And of course Roger Daltrey was a heart throb, the coolest of the cool, and so by the time I was a teenager, I dreamed of the day when I could wear my own fringed jacket to a Who concert and swing my fringe around. That day never came - a friend in high school who had his own fringed jacket got tickets to a concert, but it was far enough away that there was no way I could get my mother's consent to go, never mind being able to afford the ticket, though in those days my friend said he'd give it to me at his cost which was $55.00, a ridiculous bargain for a band like The Who even then.

Over the years I bought different things with fringe, shoes and boots and a vest, but never a jacket, and then one day in her Tribeca loft, a friend handed me the jacket of my dreams that had been given to her by an older friend who lived upstairs and gave it to her because it didn't fit him any more. He'd worn it as a hot young thing, and it was complete with a knife cut from a bar fight - the jacket was so heavy it had saved his life, so not only did I have the perfect jacket but it had a history. I wear it from time to time, but honestly it is so heavy that I have to really be in the mood. I don't know how Roger Daltrey looked so comfortable in his - he looked like he could sleep in it and I know for me that would be impossible.

But I love that jacket and I bring it out when I feel the need for something special, so when I was introduced to the gorgeous photographer and filmmaker Angelica Cabrera by the lovely entrepreneur and philanthropist Sufia Hossain who I have written about in these pages before, and Angelica invited me to do a photo shoot, I knew exactly what I was going to wear. I wore it with a Chloe dress from Cadillac's Castle and vintage Levi boot cut jeans from a favorite thrift store that closed that was once in Union City, and I asked Paul Fitzgerald, the wonderful owner of the beautiful store Urban Consign & Design in Hoboken if we could have the shoot there. With all my favorite things put together, and a new favorite photographer to work with, on a rainy afternoon as the sun started to shine through the clouds, I wandered around a beautiful store with beautiful people and felt like a vintage princess for a day.

Angelica was a dream to work with, truly inspired and gifted, and her partner Josh Brooks kept us laughing while documenting the process. And as for skill and artistry, I'll let the pictures do the talking - I think you'll agree that Angelica has the key.

Photographs By Angelica Cabrera
www.theangel411.com
Lighting Design By James Barricella
Lionworks Designs
www.lionworksdesigns.com 
At Urban Consign & Design
650 Newark Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
www.urbanconsign.com
















The Amazing Angelica Cabrera
Outside of Empire Coffee And Tea Co.
338 Bloomfield Street
Hoboken, New Jersey
Photographed by Jannie Wolff




Blessings,

Jannie Susan

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. Being an elektricien Apeldoorn I am searching for these kinds of articles. I do appreciate it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I'm so glad to hear that it was helpful. Blessings to you!

      Delete