Sunday, September 10, 2017

An Abundant Life - Teaching Tastefully

Last week I mentioned some wonderful Food Entrepreneurs who I met at an event at City Opera Thrift Shop and I promised to tell you more about them this week and introduce you to even more. I don't make promises that I can't keep, and so here we are with some new information about Entrepreneur Space and some of the amazing people I met when I took the subway out to Queens one afternoon, shortly after I had found out about the Food-Preneurs that are nurtured and encouraged and supported with hands-on vital experience and training in the food business. As I mentioned last week, Ygael Tresser had given me the contact information for the founders and managers of the space, and when I contacted them they were so friendly and helpful that I honestly was surprised. New York City is a big place, and they must get calls every day from all kinds of people with all kinds of stories, but as soon as they heard that I'd been given their contact information from Ygael and they heard why I was calling, they invited me out to experience an introduction and tour of the site and to attend a food tasting event with some of their Food-Preneurs. I've worked in the food industry on and off in many ways over many years, and one thing I know about is good food. Another is food safety and proper food handling, and when I attended the meeting and tour of the facility, I thought to myself, these people really know what they're doing. Part of The Queens Economic Development Corp, Entrepreneur Space was started by Founder and Consultant Kathrine Gregory to incubate and help people to develop food products. From everything I've see and tasted, they're doing that and a whole lot more. When I was at the City Opera Thrift Shop event, I'd already had a chance to sample some of the delicious foods that some of the Food Entrepreneurs who work out of the space are creating, and so I knew that there were some very talented people working in that space to make and develop wonderful things, but after meeting with Kathrine Gregory and the Entrepreneur Space staff, I found out that the wonderfulness starts at the top. Knowledgable, passionate, encouraging, fun and full of energy, the staff of Entrepreneur Space are a wonderful group to meet, and when you taste some of the foods that are being created and meet some of the Food-Preneurs, the goodness just keeps getting better. Below is just a sampling of the wonderful products that are being incubated, and I'll be writing in future weeks about individual Food-Preneurs who I have met so far. I'm planning on keeping in touch with this wonderful place if they'll let me, because my gourmet food loving heart and community spirit are fulfilled.

Entrepreneur Space
36-46 37th Street
Long Island City, New York
http://www.entrepreneurspace-qedc.com/EntrepreneurSpace/

Some Of The Wonderful Food-Preneurs I Met At A Recent Event
All Making Such Delicious Food And Sharing It Delightfully
Listed Here In The Order That I Photographed Them

Constantine Abanda, CEO Ashanty Chocolate
Organic Chocolate and Truffles
www.AshantyChocolate.com


Jan Leslie Harding, Vice President and Stephanie Golden, CEO
Biggie's Crack Toffee
www.biggiescracktoffee.com


Mariana Memoria and Friends
Brigadeiro Bakery
www.brigadeirobakery.com


Ron Menin, Owner
Hell's Kitchen Hot Sauce
www.hellskitchenhotsauce.com


Ygael Tresser With Fresh Harissa From Food Snob
www.foodsnobinc.com


Foluso Salami, Snackin' African
African Chinchin
www.SnackinAfrican.com


Kelli Lipson, Founder & CEO
Spoonable Spirits Boozy Party Treats
www.spoonablespirits.com


Vlad Barkovsky
Hungry Bars Granola Bars and Granola
www.hungrybars.com


Greenpoint Muesli Co.
GPMuesli.com


Carolyn K. Potz, Founder & Chef
Munchy Monkey Gluten Free Bakery
www.munchymonkeybakery.com


Delicious Samples To Savor At Home









Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment