Sunday, September 24, 2017

An Abundant Life - Chocolate Lovers Dream

The first time I saw Vosges Haut-Chocolat I thought it was a beautifully sweet looking place. I am a chocolate lover, and the SoHo shop reminded me of a lovely combination of places I'd loved since I was a child and teenager in Boston, and some of the best chocolatiers I'd visited in Belgium and France. I thought from the name that Vosges was from Europe, but although it is reminiscent of some of the finest old world makers it is rooted securely in the new. Originally from Chicago, Vosges uses only the finest sustainably sourced chocolate, and the founder, Katrina Markoff, is always creating something special and something new to delight. When I found myself at one of their summer Fridays several weeks ago, at an afternoon special event that pairs chocolate with a special cocktail, wine, craft beer or spirit, the pairing was with a Mai Tai, one of my favorites of all specialty drinks since the time I fell in love with Hawaii while visiting a friend years ago. Paired with delectable chocolate, the afternoon's treat was so memorable that it brought my old loves back and created new ones. On that same day I tried the special limited edition Collezione Gianduia, a blend of the finest I.G.P. certified Piemonte hazelnuts and premium chocolate that was one of the most amazing creations I've ever had. Katrina Markoff, the Chocolatier Extraordinaire and Genius Creator of Vosges Haut-Chocolat is always creating something new and inviting us in for tastes and events of all kinds. Go - that's all - just go.

Vosges Haut-Chocolat
132 Spring Street
New York, New York










The Very Special Limited Edition Collezione Gianduia













Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment