Sunday, January 27, 2019

An Abundant Life - A New Life

Today is my birthday, and when I thought about what I wanted to write on this day that is a special day to me, I realized that I wanted to continue writing about the wonderful people and places that have made my life so special and beautiful. There is a woman named Daisy who is like a flower herself, and though I've written about her before in other posts in years past, I've been wanting to write about her again because she has a new space that is such a beautiful extension of her lovely flower-like self that just visiting with her there makes the cold dreary weather seem warmer and brighter and more filled with sunshine.

I met Daisy more than five years ago when I walked into the store she and her wonderful husband Phil had for a number of years on Washington Street in Hoboken. I wrote about that store then, and when they moved out of that space and Daisy started her own business, Daisy's Wearable Art, I wrote about her again because though it was the same person, what she was doing was something very new. At the time she didn't have a permanent space, but one afternoon when I walked by one of the spaces she had been working out of on and off for the past few years, I noticed that she had moved fully in and I stopped by to see her and enjoy her company and the view. In a lovely touch, I saw an old vintage trunk I had given to Phil several years ago when I was moving into a new space, and it's been repurposed beautifully as a centerpiece to hold items for display. It was a trunk that I had inherited many years ago from a friend who had not wanted to part with it but couldn't fit it into her own space, and I had moved it from apartment to apartment first in Manhattan and out to Brooklyn for a time and then across the Hudson River until finally I decided I didn't want to move it any more. It is a very fun old piece, and one that does have value for collectors, but it took the eye of the lovely Daisy to see where it could be most at home. I love seeing it there, because it has indeed finally found a special place, just as Daisy has found her space and made it special by being there.

Some people are artists by nature, and Daisy is one of them. It is in every fiber of her being to create and make spaces beautiful, to design and style and find touches and fabrics and pieces that work together to create a lovely whole. Like the flower she is named after, the things around her bloom brighter because she is there, guiding and choosing and curating each piece and part with loving care. There is always something lovely to see in her store, and always a special piece that can brighten any weather. And Daisy herself is so pretty a picture that when you see her you'll want to buy the clothing and accessories she's wearing. If you're looking for something new, or just wanting inspiration, or if there's something that you're thinking of that you can't quite place, stop by for a visit and see what's in store - you'll be glad you did for the company, the beautiful sights to see and the lovely energy you'll walk out with.


Daisy's Wearable Art
260 First Street
Hoboken, New Jersey





Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment