Sunday, February 4, 2024

An Abundant Life - A Beautifully Special Happy Birthday

I've written in these pages before about the Executive Chef Ashfer Biju and the wonderful experiences he has created at a variety of events and places, and when it was time for me to start planning for my birthday celebration I decided to visit with him for a birthday lunch at the Baccarat Hotels where he is currently creating the most wonderful and joyful food experiences imaginable.

Last summer and early fall I visited first for tea in the Grand Salon and then for a lunch in their outdoor garden terrace Le Jardin, and this time I was able to experience the Grand Salon for the winter season. As always everything was so wonderful and so special, from the moment I walked in the front door to the moment I found myself on my way home again, and my birthday was made all the more beautiful and memorable because of the afternoon I was blessed to enjoy.

Executive Chef Biju and the staff are all so excellent in everything that they do, that every moment is a jewel in a treasure box that just keeps getting more lustrous and glowing as the experience unfolds. I started with a glass of champagne and before my first course of Crab Avocado arrived, a surprise of a lovely Wild Mushroom Bisque with a beautiful pate arrived. Each of those courses was so wonderful, and then the steak arrived which was truly excellent and delightful with such a beautiful presentation and lovely combination of flavors and textures in the accompanying vegetables, bed of polenta and sauce. An order of Pomme Frites with Sumac Aioli and Sel Gris arrived with the steak that was prepared and presented so wonderfully that every taste was a lovely moment in itself. To finish I had chosen the Sticky Toffee Pudding because that is such a long time favorite since the first time I had it in a very special restaurant in London a friend had taken me to years ago, and this one was everything that I could have wished. Another surprise arrived with an array of the most beautiful assortment of Petit Fours and a pink candle, and the little girl heart in me glowed with its sweet loveliness.

Every moment of the afternoon, even the matching of the champagne glass to what I was wearing, made this visit one that I will always be so grateful for as every other time I have visited with the marvelous Executive Chef Ashfer Biju. With so much gratitude to this marvelous Chef and the marvelous Staff for your marvelous hospitality!


Birthday Lunch
At The Baccarat Hotels
With A Gorgeous Menu
By The Marvelous Executive Chef Ashfer Biju






 



Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment