Sunday, January 17, 2016

An Abundant Life - Meeting Of Art And Life

Sweet Charity

Thrift Stores are some of my favorite places to shop. I love to search for hidden treasures and find one of a kind finds to bring home, and I love sharing the stories of where I found each piece. I've found amazing clothing over the years and lovely and funny and extraordinary things to decorate my home, and met some amazing people along the way. I've learned tips and strategies about how to care for and refinish, and I've had great conversations about art and life and food. One place where I always find beautiful things and people is Angel Street Thrift Shop. Add in the fact that the shopping I do there supports some truly wonderful charities, and I've found a paradise.

Angel Street Thrift Shop
118 West 17th Street
New York, NY
Monday-Friday 11am-7pm
Saturday 10am-7pm
Sunday 12pm-5pm
Donation Pick-up and Information: (212) 229-0546 

































A Place For Everyone

A few years ago I walked into Lita Trading and haven't stopped going back since. The day I found this blessing of a store they were having a sale on freshwater pearls. Every color and length you can imagine, all at prices that made them so affordable that I could mix and match and wear them like a rainbow. They have every kind of stone and pearl you could ever want, and different types of coral and jade and jewelry and jewels for every taste and style. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, and they take time with each customer to answer questions, working with designers and encouraging creativity, helping to find the perfect fit for each individual person. Over the years I've started designing my own jewelry with their help, and the staff who knot the beads and string the gems are the best I've ever seen. The jewelry they make for me is so beautiful, each piece a perfectly lovely work of art. They are all so gifted and skillful that the pieces I wear that I have bought or designed to have made there are complimented everywhere I go. And like Angel Street Thrift Shop, there are wonderful people to meet there, surrounded by beautiful things. A perfect place to find a creative space.

Lita Trading
1160 Broadway
New York, NY
(212) 889-8936
























Colombian Designer Diomer Gil
(201) 284-1445
Two Of His Gorgeous Works of Art




Taking The A Train

There is beauty all around us when we open our eyes to see it, sometimes in the most unlikely places. On the A Train the other day I saw the most beautiful family and asked to take their photograph. They honored me by saying yes, and I will treasure that moment always.





Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment