Sunday, July 24, 2016

An Abundant Life - Artists And Writers

When I first moved to New York it was to be an actress, and though that was a first love, over the years I started to write poetry and short stories and plays, and to work with other artists and designers on creative projects of all kinds. I've never been very good at figurative drawing, ever since my first grade teacher refused to post my coloring book apple on the wall because I had decided to color it many colors and go outside the lines, and I still take great joy in following my own bliss in design and art and life. It's my heartfelt belief that everyone has a creative side and that creativity comes in many forms. A lawyer may be a great chef, a chef may love interior design, a painter may write poetry, an actress can be a designer. When we allow ourselves to go outside the lines that are drawn, anything marvelous and beautiful can happen.

Recently I was given the gift of two different books that were written by two different artists. The first was given to me by the artist himself and the second by a woman who was friends with an artist. Both books delighted me because of the gifts they represented on so many levels. Gifts of generosity, creativity and beauty are all hard to find, and to have such a double blessing come into my life was a rare opportunity for celebration of the importance that creativity has in living a life that is fulfilled. The books are gracing my home, reminding me every day that each one of us has so much to offer the world, that each gift when it is shared multiplies its impact and ability to change the way we view our lives and connect with others.

Still Mostly True
Volume 2: Collected Stories & Drawings of Brian Andreas
Copyright 1994 by Brian Andreas
Published by Story People, Decorah, Iowa
www.storypeople.com

Once In A Life Tom
OMG. You gotta be kidding. Did that really happen?
True life stories and illustrations by Tom Schwartz and written by Sylvia Schwartz
Copyright pending 2012

Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment