Sunday, July 16, 2017

An Abundant Life - A History Of Beauty

I've known about the beautiful Diana Foxwell for much longer than I've known her. When I lived in Manhattan, her store Revival Vintage Boutique was a well known place for destination shopping - everyone who loved vintage shopped there, even people from other cities and towns and far off places whenever they were in New York. She sold at the Brooklyn Flea too, and created and curated beautiful vintage furnishings along with the beautiful clothing she lovingly found and restored and refurbished. Lots of people love vintage, but there are those few who know how to beautifully curate and style and design, and Diana Foxwell is one of them.

When people started telling me about a store called Revival Vintage Boutique in Hoboken, I wondered if it might possibly be the same person I'd known about all of those years in Manhattan, but I thought it was too good to be true. But one day when I walked in the door, I had that same feeling - the feeling you get when you know the owner is someone who loves what they do and does everything with a passion that makes the very doors and windows somehow gleam brighter. Her store is divine, and Diana Foxwell is a princess - I'd say she was a queen, but although she's been in the business for a long time, she seems much too young for that title. Her youthful exuberance and sweetness mixed with enthusiasm are infectious - the day that we finally met I felt like I could have stayed in her store all day. Her Hoboken store is around the block from Paul Fitzgerald's store Urban Consign & Design, part of the same artist and craftsmen and craftswomen loft building that I've written and posted about when I've posted about Paul and his store before. I met Diana with an introduction from James Barricella, the wonderful craftsman who creates the beautiful lighting designs and tables and mirrors and other home furnishings that are part of the fabric of Urban Consign & Design. James had such high praises for Diana, and James is such a wonderful person and creates such beautiful things that good words from him I know I can trust. And Diana was all that and more - a true pleasure to meet and a creative spirit that inspires, with a store full of treasures and beautiful design. Diana is so lovely and fun and she made me such lovely tea on the afternoon we met, that I thought she must have a team of hard working people wiring her lamps and building and designing her space, but she does it all herself, gutting and renovating and wiring and cleaning, all with a smile on her face even in the most difficult of weather. It's really remarkable how she creates beauty around her wherever she goes.


Revival Vintage Boutique
Curated And Lovingly Restored By The Beautiful Diana Foxwell
47 Harrison Street, Space D
Hoboken, New Jersey










































Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment