Sunday, January 28, 2018

An Abundant Life - Elegant Style

I've been working in public relations and marketing for many years with artists and designers and restaurateurs, and though New York City can be a beautiful playground, I've never been one to follow the crowd. A friend who knows me well calls me a curator, and at this point I've begun to agree - I know what I like and I have always been able to pick out what is the best and the brightest in a city that is filled with so much glitter that it can be hard sometimes to really know.

When I first met Gaetano Castaldo, I knew I was meeting someone special. I had been invited to Aperitivo Tuesdays, a weekly event he hosts at PHD Terrace at Dream Midtown, and after I'd RSVP'd, he sent me a personal message to follow up and say that he was happy that I would be there and that when I arrived I could text him and he would come down to the ground floor to meet me. If there's anything I like it's personal service - when someone treats me with that kind of care and respect it's pleasantly surprising, and when I arrived and texted him and he really did come down to meet me, I was charmed by his genuinely friendly and courteous manners. A native of Naples, he has a sense of that gentlemanly quality that sadly can be lacking even in men who have been brought up in good families and have gone to the best schools - I grew up with three older brothers who were as tough as they come, and I've gotten so used to being treated like one of the boys that I don't mind it, but I'm old fashioned enough that it's refreshingly pleasant to meet a man who holds the door for you and makes sure you are comfortable when you arrive.

Aperitivo Tuesdays is a very special evening that is not to be missed if you like lovely rooftop lounges, sparkling prosecco, delicious light bites and cocktails and charming company. A regular occurrence in Italy, there is really nothing quite like Aperitivo in New York City unless you're lucky enough to meet Gaetano Castaldo and visit with him at the weekly event he graciously and expertly hosts - our happy hours are so often in dark bars and focused just on the cocktails or watching the game or the news on a wide screen TV. In Italy, Aperitivo is a time for relaxing with friends, connecting for business in a casual environment, or just enjoying a beautiful time after work. There is food and friendship, collegiality and cocktails, a lovely place and lovely music to begin the evening before dinner. Gaetano is a perfect host, meeting and greeting and introducing people, going to the lobby from the Penthouse and back again to bring people upstairs and help them feel at home. PHD Terrace is a lovely place that is made all the lovelier by the environment Gaetano creates every week - I've gone to many clubs and events in my years in Manhattan and there is a very special feeling at Aperitivo Tuesdays that is elegant, glamourous and comfortable. You feel safe and relaxed and well taken care of, and as the live music plays and tasty hors d'oeuvres are passed, Campari and Aperol, Prosecco and cocktails are poured, the sun that sets over Manhattan has a special glow Italian style.

Over the months since I first met Gaetano, I've gone to as many Aperitivo Tuesdays as I can, though my schedule is busy and I can't be there as often as I'd like. It's such a perfect way to enjoy a Tuesday evening, and with the perfect host who is an expert in public relations bringing everything so beautifully together, it couldn't be any better.

Gaetano Castaldo Presents Aperitivo Tuesdays
PHD Terrace At Dream Midtown
210 West 55th Street
New York City

Photographs Courtesy Of Gaetano Castaldo
Photographs Taken By Chris Lavado And Alex Barbuto














Presented By Gaetano Castaldo











Blessings,

Jannie Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment