Sunday, July 16, 2023

An Abundant Life - Bringing In The New

One of the things that I enjoy so much about YES Gallery that I didn't plan or expect is that even though I have shows set and curated for a specific period of time, things are always changing. People stop by or are introduced to me, Artists appear who have wonderful work to share, and with each season as I change the windows, there is a natural way that plants seem to come and go, sometimes being found at local markets and most recently being given to me from the hands of a local gardener who knows how much I love to save plants and give them happy homes. I'll be writing more on that on another week, but this time I wanted to highlight a lovely young woman, Roselita Rio, who I met several months ago at the supermarket where I shop on a regular basis and the art that she created that found a place at YES Gallery.

When I first opened the gallery last summer, nearly a year ago, I wrote about how much help I was given by some very wonderful people who seemed to appear out of nowhere to be the support system that I needed to not only help me get everything done, but they also added their beautiful spirits and presence and made the opening and the different events and openings ever after joyous ones. One of the people was a young man who works at the local market where I do much of my food shopping, and he is friends with a young woman there who I met after I had been blessed to meet him. Over the months since then as I shop for events and for my own regular day to day, it's as if I'm visiting with the loveliest of people every time I see them. They have also come into the gallery, and as I have gotten to know them more I have discovered that they are wonderful Artists with very creative vision and wonderful and varied talents.

A few weeks ago Roselita gave me a bracelet she had made, and it was such special gift and is so beautiful and joyful I wear it nearly every day. She told me that she makes them often and that she was thinking about possibly selling them, and I invited her to bring them into YES Gallery as part of the artisanal jewelry offerings there. She brought a selection of them a few days ago, and then brought a few more, and immediately people have started to notice them. There is something about Roselita and the bracelets she makes that glow and make people smile and feel happy. They're beautiful and colorful and they have messages and images as part of the design, and she adds a person's name sometimes as she did in the one she made for me. She told me she makes them for all of her friends, and I'm so blessed that she has included me in that category. Having a bracelet from Roselita is a beautiful and special gift and treasure as she is.


Handmade Bracelets
Made By Roselita Rio
At YES Gallery






Blessings,

Jannie Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment