Sunday, July 30, 2023

An Abundant Life - Film Star

A beautiful Filmmaker I was introduced to last year through two beautiful Artists and Designers I know stopped by YES Gallery the other day after we saw each other on the Street as I was just leaving the gallery on my way home for the evening. She hadn't been for a visit in a while because she has been so busy with the film she is currently working on, and because we were two blocks away from the gallery and she was walking in that direction I suggested that I could turn around and walk back that way with her and she could see the current show.

When we arrived at the gallery and we were talking about different things, she mentioned that she was filming a scene the following week that included the office of an art collector of old master paintings. She asked if there were any pieces in the gallery that I thought might work for something like that and she showed me a photograph of the office space and the wall where the painting would be hung. I pointed out paintings by two Artists who are both working in a very classical style and have been classically trained, and though she thought both of their work could look wonderful in the scene, there was one piece by one of the Artists, "Romantic Nightlife" by Danilo Peguero, that just seemed right to both of us. I told her that I would contact the Artist and explain and ask if he would be interested in being featured in this way, and when I did he said yes and we started the process of signing the paperwork to. make sure that everything was done professionally.

I went to the set location myself a few days before the scene would be filmed to hang the painting with the Filmmaker. We had planned to do it the day before, but the weather has been raining heavily on and off and the forecast on the day we had planned was for possibly heavy thunderstorms so I contacted the Filmmaker and asked if we could do the hanging of the piece on the day before we had planned because it was a very sunny and clear day which would make it easier for me to bring the painting to the location safely.

After we hung the painting we admired it and I took a photograph. It looked so beautiful on that wall! The Filmmaker shared a photograph with me of the filming in process, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished film. When I went to pick up the painting the Director of Photography told me it was a beautiful painting, something that from my experience DP's usually wouldn't say unless they really meant it. It is stunning, and though I missed it from the walls of YES Gallery while it was gone, I'm so happy it had this opportunity to shine like the star it is!


"Romantic Nightlife"
By Danilo Peguero
Makes Its Film Debut




Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment