Sunday, January 21, 2024

An Abundant Life - Rising Above

I have written about the gorgeous Mixologist Stephanie O'Neill in these pages before in posts about her gorgeous creations and also the gorgeous and wonderful places where I find a seat at the bar and have the blessing to enjoy a wonderful meal and the wonderful way she pairs her different creations with food. A few weeks ago I heard that she would be in training in a restaurant that I hadn't been to before, and as soon as I heard where it was I began making plans to be there as soon as she sent out the word that she was ready for visitors.

Bar 54 is on the 54th Floor of the Hyatt Centric in Times Square, and though I wasn't exactly sure which building it was, I knew it would be a delightful experience to go there and take in the view while trying some menu items along with Stephanie's gorgeous mixology. When I arrived at the building, there was such a pleasant welcome from the staff at the front desk that I felt immediately as if I was in a place I'd want to come back to. True hospitality can do that, it's an art that helps visitors feel like they're in a special place while also feeling right at home and welcomed. As I arrived on the 54th Floor, the decor was so lovely and again, the staff so welcoming and kind and helpful, that though it was a very cold night I was so glad I'd made my way to this very special rooftop jewel.

The regular menu has some wonderful creations on it, from light bites to mixology delights, and Stephanie as always was working on some new ideas that I was able to enjoy watching her create. I had a plan to try three different selections from the kitchen and enjoy Stephanie's wonderful ability to pair them with her own suggestions, but I was having such a wonderful time that all of a sudden I realized that it was late enough that I'd want to leave soon. That's not always the case in every place, that every moment is so enjoyable and time goes by so quickly, and it's a credit to everyone who I met that evening who is part of the team that I almost stayed much, much longer. As it was I'll be planning my next trip back as soon as I can, to go and enjoy this beautiful space, the beautiful views, the beautiful hospitality and the beautiful food and mixology.


A Visit To Bar 54
At The Hyatt Centric
With Mixology Creations
By The Gorgeous Stephanie O'Neill
135 West 45th Street
New York, New York












Blessings,

Jannie Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment